Introducing Dieterich Racing and car 1936

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
My name is Evan Dieterich and I am the new owner of car 1936 and Dieterich Racing. I wasn't sure if I should start another new thread about my adventure into off-road racing or not, but I have learned so much reading other peoples stories that I would like to pass along anything I can. Plus my story is a little different as I am adjusting a completed car that has been tested and well prepped and not building something from scratch. I grew up racing motocross and I have helped prep and pit for Wacker Racing since their team started around 05. Therefore I'm not new to racing or off road racing , I ran a few AVE Races last year as well as V2R with One Gear racing . I don't have the $40,000 + budget to build a new car so we will see how much I can save by purchasing an existing car. Only problem is when your built like an NFL Lineman it's like I'm fitting my 6'4" 300 pound ass into a 80lb. Bag !!

I picked the car up at this years Parker race from Rito and instantly knew that I was going to have to make changes so I could get the head clearance I need. With the help of my buddy Josh at Gunco Steel in Calimesa, Ca. We started to get busy !! First I did some TLC and deep cleaned the car and gutted the cab to start lowering the seats. We cut and lowered the seat base 3" and that still wasn't enough clearance for me so I purchased some new seats as well as new harnesses as the existing ones getting ready to time out. Rito with the stripping shop ran tire balls so the car didn't have a spare tire mount or jack mount so we changed that as well. I decided to run Walker Evans wheels with a 28' tire instead of the DWT Wheels and 30" tires it came with. I'm hoping to save the weight of the tires and a little $$$ on the price of the tires. The B pillar tube runs at a 45 degree angle towards the driver so I will need to re-fab and run straight up to give me a little extra ( and needed )room to get in and out. I will also need to cut out the dash and eventually replace the dash for my leg clearance as well but lowering the seats has helped out enought for the time being.

My plan for 2014 is to race the full AVE Series and I would love to run 1 or 2 BITD races if the budget permits. I'm here for 100 % fun and love of racing and the off-road community. I'm hoping that the time and effort I have put into other racing teams will give me some good karma and allow me to achieve my dream of racing off road.

Looking forward to meeting and sharing stories with you all at the races !!

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
Car looks good. I didn't see what you had for a fire extinguisher system. We have a complete on board cold fire system on sale for UTV underground members if it is something you are considering.

Here is the link if you want to check it out and you can PM me for forum prices; http://www.utvunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14578[/QU

Thanks I will check out and eat mark for the future. I currently have one on the floor board on the passenger side and one driver side on the down tube of the cage

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Looking good!! i think I would do something to protect that spare tire, if you get Nerfed by a bigger Car...those wheel studs may not hold and there goes your spare. We had a strap break at henderson and lost a spare....we never got it back:(

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
Looking good!! i think I would do something to protect that spare tire, if you get Nerfed by a bigger Car...those wheel studs may not hold and there goes your spare. We had a strap break at henderson and lost a spare....we never got it back:(
I have a y strap and I am contemplating using it. I think I have enough clearance , the pic just doesn't really show it. Thank for the props Bigg Jim !!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I have a y strap and I am contemplating using it. I think I have enough clearance , the pic just doesn't really show it. Thank for the props Bigg Jim !!
What I am talking about is on like a TT, 1, or 10 car their bumper height it going to be Nerfing your tire other than a rear bumper area. If they hit you in the tire I have no doubt it will be on their hood or ran over.:(

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
What I am talking about is on like a TT, 1, or 10 car their bumper height it going to be Nerfing your tire other than a rear bumper area. If they hit you in the tire I have no doubt it will be on their hood or ran over.:(
Yes I totally agree , I'm sure I will add tabs for the "Y" strap just to be safe. But I guess if I get punted by a TT or other full size vehicle i'm going to have bigger problems then a spare tire ! Thanks for the advice.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000