Introducing Dieterich Racing and car 1936

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
Got back to work tonight and we were almost able to get everything done ! Should be testing this weekend in Barstow :)) looks like I will be able to make the series opener for AVE as well !!

Attachments

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
tire ballz or tire blocks its easier for crew to change then you in middle of race track
I've been pushing for tire blocks for our race car....the argument we keep getting stuck on is how does the pit know the tires flat? I don't think the tires go down enough to visually tell. I know we have them in our WORC's car that is sitting here and I think it has 4 flats right now and you cant tell.

the stripping shop

RACER - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 29, 2009
peoria,Az
www.strippingshop.com
I've been pushing for tire blocks for our race car....the argument we keep getting stuck on is how does the pit know the tires flat? I don't think the tires go down enough to visually tell. I know we have them in our WORC's car that is sitting here and I think it has 4 flats right now and you cant tell.
if you cant tell then finish race, then figure it out.atleast driver should complain about it pulling to one side.and good ex 4 flats no change of tires didnt have enough spares lol

May 6, 2013
Yucaipa , Ca
Just wanted to give an update as to how the season has been going so far. We've raced the first two AVE Races and I have finished 5th in both races. First race we had a good pace and great starting draw and cut a tire on the second lap. Second race ran very comfortable pace and we ended up losing the intake for the clutch housing and blew 2 belts late in the race. I've started an Instagram account @dieterichracing if anyone wants to start following me there as well.

I've picked up support from a few companies so far this year and I would like to thank them. IWC Motorsports in San Bernardino, Ca. for my tires , Walker Evans for my wheels, PCI Radios , Summers Bros. Axles and Gunco Steel for the fab work and of course Evan Dieterich State Farm!!

After re mounting the seats as low as humanly possible I created a problem with leg extension room. So Gunco Steel and I are rebuilding the floorboards, firewall and dash to gain some clerance and clean it up a bit . We will also remove the current horns and get a siren , add additional rear view mirrors, light bar, clutch testing. Started tear down tonight and here's a few photos of our progress.

Attachments

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Use a tire thumper. If it bounces back it has air if it not it's flat. Same way a truck driver check duel tires they can be hard to spot a flat too.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000