JaggedX RZR XP900 BITD race car build thread...

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
That's the plan.:D
Mike...what are the main reasons why you changed the arms? Lighter? Stronger? Longer? Or simply to accomodate making it wider?

Are you guys going to run 30's? If so what brand...BFG's?

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
Wow, our shop Commander chassis will have a very similiar look in the rear. We always get beat to the punch lol! Awesome looking car JX!
Hubby's Commander has become quite the challenge too! Glad to read that we are not alone...;)

That XP build is looking clean and sharp. Way to do it to it.

Jo

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
No pressure.:D

I'll snap a couple more today...a few things coming together.

Mike
Ah HA!!! Great job. IMO the factory welds on the XP are of a major concern. The one XP that I looked at showed many weak spots.

This is a great example of strengthing a major problem(again, imo).

Jo

megonzo

Jan 25, 2011
Cedar City, UT
No pressure.:D

I'll snap a couple more today...a few things coming together.

Mike
Ah HA!!! Great job. IMO the factory welds on the XP are of a major concern. The one XP that I looked at showed many weak spots.

This is a great example of strengthing a major problem(again, imo).

Jo

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Mike...what are the main reasons why you changed the arms? Lighter? Stronger? Longer? Or simply to accomodate making it wider?

Are you guys going to run 30's? If so what brand...BFG's?
Pretty much for weight and strength...will be stock width and length. BFG will be supplying some 30's for the car...we'll have to see how that works out.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Pretty much for weight and strength...will be stock width and length. BFG will be supplying some 30's for the car...we'll have to see how that works out.
Jeolous of of the tire O.D. Will you run 15" wheels or 14's? Tire balls?

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Jeolous of of the tire O.D. Will you run 15" wheels or 14's? Tire balls?
I am too. Getting up and away from the rocks sure would be nice. Will be interesting to see how the drivetrain handles it.
15's...not sure on tire balls yet. The drivetrain will certainly be the big question, hopefully we get some test time in to see how everything holds up before Silverstate. If they don't work out, it's certainly not tough to make a change back.:D

Mike

Darryl89

Killer Kitty - UTVUnderground Approved
Oct 8, 2009
Farmington, NM
15's...not sure on tire balls yet. The drivetrain will certainly be the big question, hopefully we get some test time in to see how everything holds up before Silverstate. If they don't work out, it's certainly not tough to make a change back.:D

Mike
Good choice on the tires. Are you running the KO All Terrains or the KM2 Mud Terrains? I think the KM2s would be awesome on this car.

I can see it now, in the near future, UTV Pro Class will be renamed Class 1550 Lite/Mini Car....but I'm not griping, faster is always better and I think this is one of the best ways to get into desert racing without costing $100G right off the bat...

Mike, definitely let us know how the tires and car hold up.

bajaleo

Apr 11, 2010
Good choice on the tires. Are you running the KO All Terrains or the KM2 Mud Terrains? I think the KM2s would be awesome on this car.

I can see it now, in the near future, UTV Pro Class will be renamed Class 1550 Lite/Mini Car....but I'm not griping, faster is always better and I think this is one of the best ways to get into desert racing without costing $100G right off the bat...

Mike, definitely let us know how the tires and car hold up.

Yeah only 50k :D

Long Travel Ind.

Human Welding Machine - UTVUnderground Approved
May 31, 2009
anaheim
first off let me say great build jagged X you have definitely stepped up your game on this build, With that being said I have an issue with cutting off the entire suspension points and making new ones, The rules state " All a-arm mounting points must remain the stock design, and remain in the stock location as delivered from the manufacturer, however they may be reinforced for strength"
reinforced for strength means to me gusseting the factory mounts not make new ones I understand in some instances that after a crash a mount may be crushed or torn off and needs to be replaced.
We are trying to grow this sport and keep the cost to a minimal but when you have people building full tube chassis and "laying" in the factory frame it only drive the costs up for other people to try and compete with them

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000