All UTV's Looking for guy to wire my BITD car

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
I am looking to find someone to do a budget wire job on my rzr xp BITD build there isn't going to be a lot of wirring needed and can do it myself but rather have someone who is talented do it right... Can anyone suggest someone or contact me at [email protected]

Thanks
Kevin

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I know a great guy in the Phoenix area....Pm me if you want a name and number

^ This.

I wire OK, and never had any issues with my car, ever. When I saw this guys work, I promptly paid him handfuls of cash to wire my car. Couldnt have been happier with the outcome.

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
I'm in Southern California... What is the going rate for a wire job basically lights GPS, fuel gauge, and a few switches

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
If thats all you're doing, just go see Benchmark Performance!

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Ya I have the following that need to be wired:

Lowrance GPS
Intercom
Radio
Led lights
Horn
Rear facing racing lights
Fuel pump switch
Dome light
Park pumper switch

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I'm in Southern California... What is the going rate for a wire job basically lights GPS, fuel gauge, and a few switches
http://jonnylightning.net/

This guy wired the Bobsled and he was recommended by Jerry Penhall. I think I paid $900. Not cheap, but someone like ProWire would charge $3k. I am guessing if you shop around you might find someone to do it for sub $500, but typically you get what you pay for. The Bobsled had all mil-spec Trophy Truck style switches, connectors, fuses and relays. Jagged X wires their own cars and does an excellent job. Remember that it isn't just labor...good quality electrical parts are expensive. My 2 pesos. :)

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Ya I am willing to pay around 750 or a little more for a good job... I might give your guy a call

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
all depends on where you want your switches, if you want a dash panel made to house them, etc. 750 that you want to pay isnt bad. most of the ones a wire up are full builds with weather pack connectors and labeled panels

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
If it were my car I think I would do it myself so if and when you are broke down in the field you know whats going on under the dash, theres no taking it in to the shop in the middle of a race.:)

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
I was thinking I might do it myself I have been researching and reading a ton and think I know exactly what I need and how I need and want to run it all

sadisticiron

Sadistic Iron Werks
Mar 9, 2012
Hesperia, CA
www.facebook.com
jim is right. if you dont know where things are located you will be lost. Exactly why i label all wires, relays, and fuses. theres nothing like pulling out a test light and having no clue what wire is what.

the dash panel looks good. i myself, would remake your dash panel to fit all your switches and guages in cad so everything was symmetrical within the dash. also i would build a box for the gps to be housed in, im kinda anal when it comes to symmetry. i wouldnt charge your for another dash panel either.

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Just talked to Brian super nice guy he is going to swing by and look at what I got.. Thanks for the info

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
jim is right. if you dont know where things are located you will be lost. Exactly why i label all wires, relays, and fuses. theres nothing like pulling out a test light and having no clue what wire is what.

the dash panel looks good. i myself, would remake your dash panel to fit all your switches and guages in cad so everything was symmetrical within the dash. also i would build a box for the gps to be housed in, im kinda anal when it comes to symmetry. i wouldnt charge your for another dash panel either.
Bobby how is the dsr1 coming?? You guys gonna have it ready for the Mint 400?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000