Marc Burnett's New XP1K progress pics

UTVUGJake

Feb 11, 2013
Saw these and had to share, looking good!

I think these other ones were posted before, but will add them for good measure.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
It is even more impressive in person. I had a chance to see it last week at the shop. All those lights are going to look bada-- on that thing.

I don't think the blue will look to good with the green frame. :eek:

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Some of these pictures show that this car and the latest car to leave the shop are sharing some of the same idea's. The last picture shows a detail that I feel is important for Baja, and I have not seen any other UTV's do it yet.

Tip of the day:
You put components in certain places because they have a purpose for being there, not because there is a place available.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
This build and the other are very purpose built. Like I said it is more impressive in person.

I missed seeing the other build by a few days.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Although Fabbin' Thad and Travelin' Brian are responsible for our new build, I still get to hold the baton, as evidenced by a little motion ratio study I performed late last week. I really enjoyed my time in Thad's shop. Him and his able helper James, were fun to be around. Man, that Thad dude walks circles around this old man in the fab shop. Thanks Thadeus for confirming my status in life as a washed up old fart!:eek: And Brian, like me, is a designing maniac whose brain works overtime, in pursuit of proper design.

Even though I didn't have the time to build the ultimate suspension on this car, I couldn't let Marc behind the wheel of yet another Polaris with jacked up spring rates and off the chart shock motion ratios. I actually reduced the front wheel travel over stock, in favor of an acceptable .68 motion ratio. I'll take well managed wheel travel over increased wheel travel any day. My initial computer models confirmed the regressive nature of the front suspension, and I had no choice but to act. While many builders build cars with marketing in mind, I build them with only one driving criteria. Winning. As I told both Thad and Brian, Marc will exploit any unaddressed areas of vulnerability. Guaranteed. Resultantly speaking, this new build already caused me my first all-nighter of the year. Now, I'm sick, and can type while the frame is out getting its nails none. Darn the luck:rolleyes:!

Attachments

Blue Coyote

Jul 31, 2009
Eugene OR
www.NWOffroad.net
Thanks for sharing Reid. Nice lines on that cage design, not sure about that front bumper ...
The photos of the front suspension have me a bit confuzed (will admit I just has a Smith Chocolate stout ) - why the measurement / relationship comparison between the lower ball joint vs lower shock mount and the upper shock mount?
PM if you need to - in the event this thread cannot become another Proffesor Johnson skoolin' session...

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
I can't get excited about this build.

No offense, I wish Marc the best race season... but it's just another factory Polaris build that doesn't excite me.

Flame on ... I can handle it... just speaking my feelings and opinion. I don't get same vibe... I miss the monster mav build thread updates.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I can't get excited about this build.

No offense, I wish Marc the best race season... but it's just another factory Polaris build that doesn't excite me.

Flame on ... I can handle it... just speaking my feelings and opinion. I don't get same vibe... I miss the monster mav build thread updates.
Haha I just noticed the same thing!!!
Thanks for sharing Reid. Nice lines on that cage design, not sure about that front bumper ...
The photos of the front suspension have me a bit confuzed (will admit I just has a Smith Chocolate stout ) - why the measurement / relationship comparison between the lower ball joint vs lower shock mount and the upper shock mount?
PM if you need to - in the event this thread cannot become another Proffesor Johnson skoolin' session...
The bumper is not meant to be aesthetically pleasing. Marc was more than patient last year in getting to the front. This year, he is on a mission to get to the front. Quick, (and) Stay there. Last season, I got a bit of flack from members when I'd boast about Marc's driving abilities, and how they can be a significant asset in this class. There will be no more competitive passes to be had now that his car can match the speed of most others. For all UTE's that start in front of the MB Motorsports #1905 "Monstaris XP" (For what is a stair, and why only on Monday's:confused:.............there, I finally named it!;)), just know that Marc is coming, and he will not be held up, nor will he tolerate much blocking when his car is able and strong.

And to you, my loyal followers, besides being used for a stock pivot axis and motion ratio reference, the the stock upper ball joint location is of no use to me. The strut attached in the image is my dummy shock you Ninnies, and just so happens that it landed smack dab in the middle of the ball joint :D! You should know by now Frankie, that I can't attach my name to just any car, and, like you, I too miss the Chronicles.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
Do we get a picture of the new a-arms and trailing arms? This ride is going to look very nice once it is all put together.

I have no doubt Marc is going to be a force this season.

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
This build and the other are very purpose built. Like I said it is more impressive in person.

I missed seeing the other build by a few days.
I'm amazed at how much attention both Marc's & the RedLands builds have gained. I find it interesting not only how many have stopped by Thad's shop to try to get a glimpse of these two cars, but I have been told a few current UTV Chassis builders / teams have even called asking questions about these two cars, and some have even asked for some measurements. Pretty ballsy! I guess these two cars are looked at as a big threat, before they have even been finished or seen dirt.

sand shark

Mar 30, 2009
West Hills, CA
I'm amazed at how much attention both Marc's & the RedLands builds have gained. I find it interesting not only how many have stopped by Thad's shop to try to get a glimpse of these two cars, but I have been told a few current UTV Chassis builders / teams have even called asking questions about these two cars, and some have even asked for some measurements. Pretty ballsy! I guess these two cars are looked at as a big threat, before they have even been finished or seen dirt.

And they should be considered a threat. We know Marc is a very talented driver. Now in theory he has a much better car to race.

I am lucky in that thad's shop is close by. I just happen to stop by to pick up a lightbar mount and it was still there to check out.

Like I said before it is very impressive in person and once it is put together you will see how functional and thought out it is from a a race car stand point.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I've been in the car with him before and the guy can drive no doubt. But what I was more concerned about was him driving the chase van with the trailer back up the baja peninsula . Memories for a lifetime

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Caught The monster Mav telling the new-comer about how abusive Marc is, and how Reid makes the boo-boo's go away. Popo said,"Quit ya' whinin' Monsta, and get out the way, fatso"! Poor sadassmav, no more love.

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000