Marc Burnett's New XP1K progress pics

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Is the Polaris enginered any better than the CanAm? Just curious of what you think, not trying to start a war betwen brands.
Out of the box, the XP is much more capable of negotiating rugged terrain at speeds than is the Maverick. Although It's hard to bash the drive train provided by the BRP guys. The tranny, and front and rear diffs were bullet proof. On our old car, they would last for a full season under the most abusive of conditions. Currently, I don't know that the XP's will equal that,in terms of reliability. It's no secret that the top Polaris teams have had drive train issues, but when you can replace a tranny, and still podium the event in which it occurred, well, I guess it isn't really that big of an issue is it? You like how I danced around that question? It's the "kinder-gentler" me. I have become pussified!

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
I am not sure i like the "around the corner asshole" reply. This will take some time to get used to. I for one like direct answers and hurt feelings.

Reactions: Kalop

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Ha ha! Along with me hating the world, I can now hate myself! I guess I'll just use that thing you all refer to as a "paycheck", and buy me some stout to drown my sorrows with. Hey, at least you got a reply. Or, would you prefer me to be snobbish, and treat your inquiry as irrelevant rubbish from an insignificant source? (which it isn't, and you certainly are not)

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
I just don't understand why more people don't have this same issue. Reid, doesn't anyone make a harder durometer for that carrier bearing? Or maybe running a pillow block style bearing with little or no deflection?

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
To clarify, I don't believe the soft carrier bearing contributed in any way to the SF 250 incident, other than once hit, it allowed the drive shaft to deflect enough upon impact to disengage from the differential output spline. I am only assuming here, but it is my guess that the carrier bearing durometer and design are related to the indifferent operating angle(s) of the u-joints, and the possible harmonic vibrations that would be felt throughout the chassis, had the bearing been more rigid. Hey buddy, will I be seeing you in Laughlin next week?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Good luck in Laughlin it looks like it gonna be a great racing weekend. I had plans on being there but this thing called a job got in the way, i have been off for 7 weeks and after i made plans on being in Laughlin for a week i got the call to get my ass back to work for a 4 week project. Grrr, i really wanted to check out the races and see all of the big names race for some serious incentives.

mearsman

Nov 2, 2011
Yes sir! I fly in Thursday morning at 7:55am to Vegas then I'm renting a car to drive down to Laughlin. Can't wait to sip a couple cold ones with ya!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
That my friend is why life sucks. You could have been off for 51 weeks, in which case the race would be on the 52nd! Remember, the glass is never half full. I don't care how optimistic one is. Why is it that every time I plug in a power cord that only has 2 prongs, that 9 out of 10 times, I have it opposite, and the polarized leg is on the wrong side? It's a pet peeve of mine, and is as factual as the sun rising tomorrow. Unless I'm sub-consciously rotating it in my hand for the sake of self sabotage, there is a higher thing happening that just effen tweaks me.

500 MIKE

Jul 7, 2014
Spring Valley CA
Hey Reid Was trying to get out to visit but we have been in Glamis and now have a family deal so wont be able to make the Laughlin race. Good luck to you guys and I will see you soon with some cold Stout
Mike

Kalop

XP900
May 3, 2013
Thanks Frankie for the direct question. Like me, I can always count on you not to sugar coat shit. Please understand that censorship is not as responsible for my hiatus as is the time it is taking to start off the season. Note that Marc signed with Polaris just 30 short days before the first of a 12 race commitment. A commitment that mandates we make every event outlined within it. To say I've been busy would be an understatement.
The reason for the piss-poor start is simple. New equipment, and a lack of time to develop it. The Polaris, like the Maverick was 2 years ago, is foreign to me as a designer and prep man, as it is to Marc, as a race car driver. The xp, with its computer controlled 4wd, and "trailing arm" type rear suspension drives totally different than the Can-am did, but Marc is quickly adjusting to it. It's driveline and unique drive shaft layout is still under my study. I am still wrapping my head around the rationale behind their design, which is important when trying to improve upon it. Remember, we spent a full season of DNF's in our rookie year, only to back it up with podiums and a championship the following year. We're truck guys, and are still learning about UTV's. Although, you can expect this learning curve to be a bit sharper than it was in 2013. Make no mistake, we will win race(s) this year. Enough for a championship? I doubt it. But surely enough to keep the nay-sayers off my ass. The hours and effort that both Marc and myself are contributing will pay off sooner than later.
I do need to be reserved in my postings, as I am now being paid for my services, and therefore, own nothing of what I create. I respect the people who are providing me with an income, and now have to act accordingly. Bad for you and me, but good for them! Don't worry, I will still be active in the Underground, just not as maliciously or spiteful as before. Condescending? Maybe. Opinionated, you bet! Which allows this thought............Joey, I think taking on the format of the Race Dezert forum sucks. It seems like I always see old threads up front, and have to look deeper to find the newer ones. I can no longer see a list of threads, and right click on the hits of a specific thread to see the breakdown of posters/members who replied to it. The white back ground is not as easy on the eyes as the old black one was, and the length of each page in any given thread is painstakingly long. Hence the need for the "top" link at the bottom of each page. I assume there may be a "fix" for these changes in the settings menu. But, worse yet, I now somehow feel like Pistol is my neighbor . Makes me want to move to another neighborhood! None the less, you are still fighting the good fight, and giving us (MB Motorsports) a lot of love along the way. Thanks for it! Truth be told, I do visit and post to the site less than I would if it were still in the old format. Change sucks, but is inevitable I guess.

Thanks Reid for detail reply. I have faith you guys will get it squared away.

PS) I agree with you, I miss the ole black forum, I seem to be here much less since the new forum change as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000