My BITD rzr xp4 build thread

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
So I figured I would post my build thread for my rzr xp4.... About a month ago after finishing building my 2012 rzr xp4 i made the decision to start a grass roots race team for the rest of the 2013 desert racing season... I started off by making a build lit and looking into whatnot would really take to race off road... So after hours and days of research and crunching numbers I realized it would be possible...

So let me start off by saying I am no rich man I am a firefighter paramedic and by no means rich... So I started off by selling everything that I had already just purchased for my rzr and pulling some money that I have saved up together to get my budget....

I then started pitching the idea of my race team to different sponsors and people i had connections with... I had a few people tell me I was dumb and shouldn't do it but u can't listen to everyone... So I made a brand for my race team and the team brand and name was born.....

One Gear Racing

View attachment 9022

Attachments

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
So after calling multiple companies and making as many connections as I could I finally got a sponsor list to help support the team and the adventure...

I currently have the following sponsors:

Lonestar racing

Elka suspension

ITP tires and wheel

Dragon Fire Racing

Rugged Radios

Proline Wraps

Twisted Stitch Seats

Fabwerx

I can not tell you how lucky I feel to be representing their products and i can also not begin to describe the support and amazing product that each company produces that I believe will give me the extra edge I need in the desert racing series... As most of you know having good product that works and will continue to work is key when you are racing 250 plus miles races...

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
So now on to the part everyone really loves the pics of what I am building..

I recruited Thad at fabwerx in Sun Valley California to do the fab work on the chassis...

If some of you don't know BITD rules are very very strict when it comes to running a off road UTV car in a race... The biggest thing is the chassis must be welded to the frame and not bolted on like every cage out there, along with that you have to have many other things from a full fuel cell to 5 point harnesses, proper wirring for ignitions and rear facing race lights and so on and so on and so on...

So basically I took this car
View attachment 9023

And broke it down to this befor I took it to fab...
View attachment 9024View attachment 9025

Attachments

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
So while that was sitting at the fab shop and Thad was planning out a design I needed to start ordering parts, first thing is a good GPS, I need my co-driver to steer me in the right direction when I can only see 1 foot in front on me at full speed.... So I got a lowrance GPD LCX-111c HD it's 10.4"

Screen should be plenty for the co-driver to guide me where I need to go...

View attachment 9026View attachment 9027View attachment 9028

Attachments

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Next was the fuel system, I will be racing 250 plus miles so I need to hold as much fuel as I can but there is a budget that I have to stay in and weight is another issue... At 6.2lbs per gallon gas will add up quickly weight wise so I went with a 16 gallon jaz fuel cell with remote quick full and all the lines I needed in it.,,

View attachment 9031

The next thing was getting the fuel to the motor, I decided to go external fuel pumps for two reasons... 1 is that they are easier to trouble shoot and replace outside of a fuel cell and 2 is back to that thing called my budget... I went with fuel fuel pumps so if one over heats or goes out I can flip a switch on the dash to use the other one

View attachment 9029View attachment 9030

Attachments

Reactions: 1 person

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013

Attachments

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Update on sponsors:

I was able to talk with rigid industries and hope to be running their product on the car her shortly as well...

As for motor wellllllllll the car has to be N/A and the budget is getting low so I s still trying to cross my fingers that I can find a motor company what wants to support a grass roots team that will promote their product to its fullest but we will see

MikeyAz

Jun 7, 2012
Gilbert,Az
So after calling multiple companies and making as many connections as I could I finally got a sponsor list to help support the team and the adventure...

I currently have the following sponsors:

Lonestar racing

Elka suspension

ITP tires and wheel

Dragon Fire Racing

Rugged Radios

Proline Wraps

Twisted Stitch Seats

Fabwerx

^^^^ that's a good list of sponsors to have good luck and have fun!

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013
Thanks bro they are all very great companies and support the grass roots program which is very helpful and wouldn't be able to do it without them!!!

TTSH

Aug 23, 2011
You know you'll get 10 more horses with a I.A.F.F sticker. . . Lookin good and good luck from a fellow FF.

shrive81

Jan 9, 2013

Attachments

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000