Polaris NEW 2013 Polaris RZR XP900 JAGGED-X EDITION

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
...and the funny thing is that by the middle of February Polaris will have sold more of the JX RZR XP LE's than Can Am will have sold Mavricks, despite the Mavrick being 'released' three month earlier. The whole concept of introducing product then not producing it for months, just pisses off customers and dealers. My 2 pesos.

Great job Polaris for coming out with the 'Brandon Schueler replica' and for actually shipping it within a month of its introduction. I can't wait to drive one. Woot...woot!

i think you are completely wrong about the pissing off customers. We wait for a good fast sporty ride. Now the people who are pissed are the east coast and Canada, they wont see a Mav untill Feb.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
i think you are completely wrong about the pissing off customers. We wait for a good fast sporty ride. Now the people who are pissed are the east coast and Canada, they wont see a Mav untill Feb.
I stand corrected. You are right and I am wrong. Customers like to wait for months, pay over retail to ride for likely only two months before it is 100 degrees in the desert and the dunes. Then to find out next fall that Kaw, AC, Pol, Honda, Yamaha...etc has made their machine obsolete. Thanks for setting me straight. :p

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
I stand corrected. You are right and I am wrong. Customers like to wait for months, pay over retail to ride for likely only two months before it is 100 degrees in the desert and the dunes. Then to find out next fall that Kaw, AC, Pol, Honda, Yamaha...etc has made their machine obsolete. Thanks for setting me straight. :p
Absolutely right. The timing of the release should have been for the Desert season which they pretty much missed so by next fall some of the New stuff will hit and this one will be Old News. :cool:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Joey, we are spoiled, because Popo, CanAm and Kawasaki keeping improving their machines every year, and its like an adrenaline rush needing a fix. We expect more every year as the competition pushes for faster and better machines. Its a great time for SXS's.

But, when the price starts going over 20k, then I expect 200HP, 30" of travel and keyless entry... ;)
I am Spoiled and waiting for a High HP machine from the Factory with decent suspension. My SXS has been putting down 120hp to the Ground since 2007 and Im kind Ruined by that so when I see the Hp of 94 at the Flywheel that means its still slow to me. I like the 101 hp #s of the maverick but when I drove it it still feels slow to me. My 11 year old Daughter who rides with me all the time said the XP900 and Mavericks both feel slow.LOL Shes used to feeling the Turbo Push her back in the seat. Im looking for a 4 seater for the family stable now. and maybe the Maverick 4 and put a Turbo on it.

LORENZ

Lorenz Industries - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 11, 2009
I am Spoiled and waiting for a High HP machine from the Factory with decent suspension. My SXS has been putting down 120hp to the Ground since 2007 and Im kind Ruined by that so when I see the Hp of 94 at the Flywheel that means its still slow to me. I like the 101 hp #s of the maverick but when I drove it it still feels slow to me. My 11 year old Daughter who rides with me all the time said the XP900 and Mavericks both feel slow.LOL Shes used to feeling the Turbo Push her back in the seat. Im looking for a 4 seater for the family stable now. and maybe the Maverick 4 and put a Turbo on it.

I'm pretty stoked about my zx-10 and SR1 cars too.

There's a point were making a grip of HP in a small car gets too expensive to manufacture. Granted were not there yet in the UtV world because we all know that true dual sport cars with real car motors in them start out at $50k, but clean used Cars are easy to be had at the $25k price point right now. The prices of UTVs are approaching that.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I think the difference between a nice $25000 used buggy and a UTV is

1. UTV's are 4wd
2. UTV's are factory built (not one off customs)
3. UTV's have a large bolt on aftermarket segment
4. UTV's can be serviced at a local dealer.
5. UTV's can be financed.
6. UTV's can be used year round.
7. That $25,000 buggy still needs a $8000 tranny when it goes out.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I'm pretty stoked about my zx-10 and SR1 cars too.

There's a point were making a grip of HP in a small car gets too expensive to manufacture. Granted were not there yet in the UtV world because we all know that true dual sport cars with real car motors in them start out at $50k, but clean used Cars are easy to be had at the $25k price point right now. The prices of UTVs are approaching that.
Yeah for 25k to 30k range you can buy a car that can take more abuse to. The XP900 4 models Ive Duned are floored from start to finish and still cant take the abuse of fast dune rides. the frames are still weak and the tabs on the front arms are weak to on the Xp so more mods are needed.

Arctic Cat has some Turbo 160hp Sled motors in the Stable which could be used and it would not be to much more.

KEN1

Mar 14, 2011
Mesa, AZ.
$21999 its up on the polaris website.
With these damn insane prices they better start offering warranties like all the major truck manufacturers.3/36 bumper to bumper.Am I wrong in thinking this???:confused: Stand by your product Polaris.6 month warranty on a 22k machine is not acceptable.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Yeah for 25k to 30k range you can buy a car that can take more abuse to. The XP900 4 models Ive Duned are floored from start to finish and still cant take the abuse of fast dune rides. the frames are still weak and the tabs on the front arms are weak to on the Xp so more mods are needed.

Arctic Cat has some Turbo 160hp Sled motors in the Stable which could be used and it would not be to much more.
You really can't beat on an XP any harder then we have beat on ours. 800 miles in Glamis, Parker, Moab, ocotillo, and BAJA and not one problem. I always hear this argument of their strength yet I have yet to personally see one major failure of a frame or any other component that wasn't the direct result of the driver f'n up. You can break any suspension pivot or bend any frame when you drive the thing into holes or off razor backs. I have seen lots of damaged UTV frames but not one would I say was the manufacturers fault. To me that's the same argument to blaming the gun for someone being killed or shot.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
You really can't beat on an XP any harder then we have beat on ours. 800 miles in Glamis, Parker, Moab, ocotillo, and BAJA and not one problem. I always hear this argument of their strength yet I have yet to personally see one major failure of a frame or any other component that wasn't the direct result of the driver f'n up. You can break any suspension pivot or bend any frame when you drive the thing into holes or off razor backs. I have seen lots of damaged UTV frames but not one would I say was the manufacturers fault. To me that's the same argument to blaming the gun for someone being killed or shot.
Well said joey...i agree. I drive my rzr hard but not careless. I expect if i hit something that would break a 50 k dual sport my 15k rzr would as well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
I would not say we drive careless but they do get pushed to the limits and Im not trying to upset anyone but for most people they will be fine, the xp 4 is the one that is having frame issues due to the extra weight it has to deal with and its a little tweaked. I found out when theres 4 people on board that extra weight means slow down cause the transitions are beating that front end. lol these things see over 150 miles a trip and those are all pretty fast rides. Im still just not really liking the feel of the interior fit and finish on the 900 cause it reminds me of my little Girls Barbie Jeep. Sorry but thats how I feel about it. nothings ever perfect and thats that.

Spicoli

Feb 26, 2011
So Cal
The xp 4 frame can be strengthened rather easy but your totally right and fit and finish really lacks on polaris..an upgrade is really needed.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Yeah the 4 seater has so much Flex that FST fix one of our bent cars and started offering the reinforcement for sale. They are good for what the built them for for the most part but the fit and finish of the other manufactures blows away the American made stuff. The comparison to my Girls Barbie Jeep is as Good as it Gets and Im Dead Serious, LOL. Im not much of a Fanboy on Polaris like most are.

joes5091

Jan 20, 2010
I did not fall into the RZR everyone gas one deal because they really are not made that well.

KEN1

Mar 14, 2011
Mesa, AZ.
Anyone who pays over 15-16k for a SXS with a quad engine,decent plastics,cheap frame(compared to aftermarket),and only a 6 month warranty are fools.I paid $14,150 otd for my 2011 RZR-S LE and I still feel like a fool.They are made so cheap it is pathetic.The price of the Maverick and XP is a joke but us cattle as we are,including myself do pay it.20k+ for a freakin SXS is as George bush would say.......the dumbifacation of America if we pay that.:cool:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
How about people who pay 15k and spend 15 more modifying it?

No Kidding, LOL.

The Gross Profit margin must be huge on these things now days.

Yamaha had the Chinese making them Rhinos for next to nothing and more than doubling there money and wholesale cost to dealer was around 7k now SXSs are near 20k. wow huge profit margin.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000