New to UTV's, unsure what to buy

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
The RZR-S (60") will go anywhere a quad or the 50" will. The difference in performance is huge. If you want Polaris, and a small footprint, get the 570, you won't be disappointed.

Dan ...:)

aw9d

Nov 12, 2013
The RZR-S (60") will go anywhere a quad or the 50" will. The difference in performance is huge. If you want Polaris, and a small footprint, get the 570, you won't be disappointed.

Thanks. I was talking to the local official about wheeling and the area I am in they said if my tires are wider then the trail I will be ticketed. I want to practice tread lightly when I off road so not sure if 60 will be a problem or not. Just covering all options as they come up.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
Going to look at this today.

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/wvl/sno/4184195655.html

Do clutch is not last very long in these things? I've noticed about the last ten listings have had the clutch replaced around 100hrs
you just have to keep them clean and dont let the belt create tons of heat. That price is 2k too high, the 800 S is old old news. The only good thing is the aftermarket made a crap ton of parts for them because they needed it. Airfilter, front differential internal cage, pivot point gussets, heat shields, stronger motor mounts, beefier rear differentials ............. and on for days.

If you were a putting around grandpa i would say its ok, but it wont last if you run it hard.

HighLifter Underground

High Lifter Employee
Nov 14, 2013
Shreveport, LA.
www.HighLifter.com
No love for the Rhino or Ranger "Crew"?

If I was looking for a used UTV I certainly would not exclude the 450, 660, or 700 Rhinos. I understand that it is "2 seater" but you can always put a eat seat in the bed such as the Universal "Rumble Seat". The 400, 500, 700, or 800 Ranger "Crew" would be another good choice.

You mentioned you would be looking for accessories so just keep in mind those models, such as the Teryx, that are limited when it comes to this. That is not a knock on the Teryx at all by the way.

aw9d

Nov 12, 2013
I drove the teryx 2 seater, rzr800s, and a cam am 2 seater. Really liked the teryx out of the 3. Ended up buying a Teryx750 2 seater Monster Edition. Pics to come after I pick it up tomorrow.

Rokitman

UTVUnderground La Familia
Mar 11, 2013
Nipomo, CA

x2. For 50" trails my 570 is perfect and will keep up with bigger machines in most conditions. Just ask the folks I have ridden with! Also, 1700 trouble free miles so far.

But now I see you got the Teryx. Good choice also.

aw9d

Nov 12, 2013
After driving some the rzr was faster and the seats were better in it. But I liked the Teryx the most and the guy had rzr seats in it. Plus I think I got a good deal on it.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
After driving some the rzr was faster and the seats were better in it. But I liked the Teryx the most and the guy had rzr seats in it. Plus I think I got a good deal on it.
The 570 rzr is impressive. Randy gets the job done in his, effortlessly. Im thinking about getting one for Stumpy

Thats cool you got rzr seats, now you just need to get the XP1K motor transplant:D

aw9d

Nov 12, 2013
The 570 rzr is impressive. Randy gets the job done in his, effortlessly. Im thinking about getting one for Stumpy

Thats cool you got rzr seats, now you just need to get the XP1K motor transplant:D
I wish! Isn't it around 107hp or something like that?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000