Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results !!UPDATED!!

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
Re: Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results

Heres a cut video of some racing. I think theres a few parts with nick, chris, tim and a few other guys

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9c6TinUtSg&feature=g-upl&context=G28d3347AUAAAAAAAAAA]WORCS Primm Round 2 UTV - YouTube[/ame]

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

The 2 races i entered at Cal City last season, used an IRC tracker. It plotted you GPS route so it could see if you were off course and also tracked every lap and all elapsed time.

WORCS must step up to something like this, it is more money but we are all obviously entered for the competition, not just to have fun.
That would be great Justin. Stop the course cutting and get tracked. The irc tracker is a 3rd party correct >??

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009

I guess i wont complain about my position after having to change my own tire back at the trailer and then driving back to the track thru all the trailers and then continuing. It was fun and Will try to be better prepared for Havasu!

Thank You worcs people for all your work, 45 dollar entry fee and lots of fun. Remember in many sports they limit the amount of entrys. Thats why many competitions people sign up very early. Nice to have that type of problem.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011

I can only imagine the chaos of the worcs people trying to make a fair points for this race. Only time will pan out. I see the class 2 stuff looks pretty far off too from what i know.
One thing I do know is you are banned from putting up any kind of ezup up in your pits haha

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009

One thing I do know is you are banned from putting up any kind of ezup up in your pits haha
??? Really ?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

WORCS Side by Side car counts have increased 3 fold over the past year and this has come with some growing pains. First and foremost I want to take full responsibility for the scoring issues and delays with results reporting. We strive to provide accurate results as a standard and anything less is just not our policy. That is why we delayed the results. There are multiple systems used to score a WORCS race, transponders, manual backups and individual time keeping. Our electronics used to score the race had a non recoverable failure that effected the 4 rows of Production 1000.
The top 5 results were known however beyond that giving absolutes was not possible because of the time separations between the rows. In light of this 6th/15 points were awarded to all racers finishing 5 laps. All racers finishing 4 laps were awarded 12 points. All racers finishing 3 laps were awarded 7 points and all others did not finish enough laps and were given a DNF.

In this scenario all racers were awarded more points than they could have earned and it awards more points to those that completed more laps.

Once again we see the issues and we know what broke. Fixing that is priority number one. As previously posted the next round in Lake Havasu we will have Production 1000 in its own race. A timing solution will be programmed and ready. Thank you for the support of WORCS and our efforts to provide you a cost effective and fun racing program.

Sean Reddish
Off Road Sports llc.
WORCS RACING

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

I guess i wont complain about my position after having to change my own tire back at the trailer and then driving back to the track thru all the trailers and then continuing. It was fun and Will try to be better prepared for havasu

If I were you, I would not be telling people this. This is illegal and results in a disqualification (wether you're in it for fun or the points)

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

Also, if you guys are complaining about passing lanes at Primm, don't show up to Havasu. There is basically all single track with ONLY the mx track to pass. If 50+ UTVs are on the track at havasu, there WILL be serious chaos. I know they're trying to break it up but that track IS NOT A SxS track and is ONLY going to make people furious.

facteryfmf

Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix

Production 1000 will run their own race at Havasu! Payback also begins in Havasu!
Understood, but 40 UTVs will not work either.

Only takes ONE UTV to break on the backside of that track to cause a ginormous traffic jam!!

We shall see though ;);)

FABWERX1

May 31, 2011
Definitely a outstanding turnout of UTV's.
But what a shit show its turned into. I understand they were overwhelmed but that's
no excuse for there timing to fail.
I would be pissed if I was placed back further than I finished ( hint class 2 )
Especially if I finished1st and scored 3rd. I'm sure it will be what is in the end because there's no way to prove it othewise.
I sure hope it doesn't effect someone going for a class championship.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009

WORCS Side by Side car counts have increased 3 fold over the past year and this has come with some growing pains. First and foremost I want to take full responsibility for the scoring issues and delays with results reporting. We strive to provide accurate results as a standard and anything less is just not our policy. That is why we delayed the results. There are multiple systems used to score a WORCS race, transponders, manual backups and individual time keeping. Our electronics used to score the race had a non recoverable failure that effected the 4 rows of Production 1000.
The top 5 results were known however beyond that giving absolutes was not possible because of the time separations between the rows. In light of this 6th/15 points were awarded to all racers finishing 5 laps. All racers finishing 4 laps were awarded 12 points. All racers finishing 3 laps were awarded 7 points and all others did not finish enough laps and were given a DNF.

In this scenario all racers were awarded more points than they could have earned and it awards more points to those that completed more laps.

Once again we see the issues and we know what broke. Fixing that is priority number one. As previously posted the next round in Lake Havasu we will have Production 1000 in its own race. A timing solution will be programmed and ready. Thank you for the support of WORCS and our efforts to provide you a cost effective and fun racing program.

Sean Reddish
Off Road Sports llc.
WORCS RACING
Your solution to even the points may or may not pacify the racers. I for one also realize the problem, but don't accept your simple solution, because it is not a solution, it is a bandaid. I did not race, but I did sponsor 4 UTV's. 3 in Production 1000 and 1 in Production 850. I spend my sponsorship dollars for results that can be used for marketing. Now my driver that won Production 850 hands down is now shown in 4th. That is not the marketing tool we were looking for. As well, one my Production 1000 cars is scored as 7th, yet his overall standing is higher than the racers listed above him and he started in the back row and they started in row 1 and 2. My own scoring placed him in 4th. All four drivers had problems at Tech due to not having 8" numbers, yet where are the hand scoring sheets or video backup for lap completion that is why the need for the 8" numbers right? WORCS needs to take more time to investigate this deeper and find more video or independent scoring sheets and make this right.

I had planned to talk to WORCS about starting a product Contingency program for the UTV's this weekend but nobody could direct me to the right person. Now I am reconsidering that plan and future sponsorship of racers at WORCS unless I see evidence of a much bigger effort to get this corrected. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is not going to sit well with many other sponsors as well.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
on a side note.....when you start in row 1, the clock starts at 0, when you start at row 4, is that clock still at 0 for them or are they stuck at 1 minute 30 seconds behind?

how did they calculate that as well. Just questions not stirring the pot.

What steve said above is very true. It will not sit well with sponsors and those who spend $$ to advertise with their riders to see them get knocked around.

dezerteryx

Jun 13, 2010
san marcos

Your solution to even the points may or may not pacify the racers. I for one also realize the problem, but don't accept your simple solution, because it is not a solution, it is a bandaid. I did not race, but I did sponsor 4 UTV's. 3 in Production 1000 and 1 in Production 850. I spend my sponsorship dollars for results that can be used for marketing. Now my driver that won Production 850 hands down is now shown in 4th. That is not the marketing tool we were looking for. As well, one my Production 1000 cars is scored as 7th, yet his overall standing is higher than the racers listed above him and he started in the back row and they started in row 1 and 2. My own scoring placed him in 4th. All four drivers had problems at Tech due to not having 8" numbers, yet where are the hand scoring sheets or video backup for lap completion that is why the need for the 8" numbers right? WORCS needs to take more time to investigate this deeper and find more video or independent scoring sheets and make this right.

I had planned to talk to WORCS about starting a product Contingency program for the UTV's this weekend but nobody could direct me to the right person. Now I am reconsidering that plan and future sponsorship of racers at WORCS unless I see evidence of a much bigger effort to get this corrected. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is not going to sit well with many other sponsors as well.
wow thats sad. this race just had a record turn out for the UTV race and your wanting to back out of sponsorships because of timing issues in ONE race. and considering the fact they have already split the race classes for the next race which will solve the issue. ya it sucks your drivers didn't get the finishing positions they might have got but that could also be resolved in the next week after they can do more investigating remember it is only one day after the race . i had two wait weeks to get results when i was doing the district races on a bike. all i can say is maybe offer some help before negativity especially seeing as this series is growing very rapidly.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000