Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results !!UPDATED!!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Re: Official UTVUnderground 2012 WORCS RD2 Primm Pictures & Results

If I were you, I would not be telling people this. This is illegal and results in a disqualification (wether you're in it for fun or the points)
Ok I am gonna just ask a stupid question then, If I look at all their rules it shows nothing about leaving the track. I left and re-entered in the same spot (hot pits). So in the worcs series not any others what did I do wrong. It obviously cost me a lot of track time.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

Ok I am gonna just ask a stupid question then, If I look at all their rules it shows nothing about leaving the track. I left and re-entered in the same spot (hot pits). So in the worcs series not any others what did I do wrong. It obviously cost me a lot of track time.

Thats next year guys.

Word to the wise, everyone should read the ISA rule book. This years rules are as follows with exception to the beginer class.

The following rules will only apply to Production 1000, 850, 750
1.All vehicles must pass technical inspection prior to going to starting line. Failure to do so will result in DSQ.
2.All factory suspension a-arm, trailing arm pivot points must remain in stock location.
3.No superchargers, turbos, nitrous or any other pressurization/injection type system will be allowed.
4.All vehicles must have a fire extinguisher and it must be readily accessible to the driver. It must be mounted in with a quick release type mechanism.
5.Race numbers will be a minimum of 8 inches tall with the specific color designation for the class. Number shall be readable from sides and back of each car.
6.Aftermarket well built roll cages made for racing are recommended. No factory stock roll cages will be allowed. Factory cages will only be allowed if modified/reinforced and tied into rear bumper/frame at two points. Gusseting of the factory cage is highly encouraged.
7.Metal roof panels are required.
8.Lockable side protection doors must be mounted in a way as to not be able to pop open during racing. Factory doors with secondary locking mechanism are approved.
9.Driver side window nets are required.
10.Passenger side nets or passenger hand restraints are required.
11.3” wide five point restraint system for both driver and occupant are required. The 5 point system must include an antisubmarine belt that is at least 2” wide.
12.Full personal safety gear must be worn to include
1.Fire retardant suits must be worn that cover from neck to ankles
2.Helmets, gloves, goggles racing shoes or boots.
3.Motorcycle type race gear will NOT be allowed as it is extremely flammable.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

No you shouldn't read the Isa rule book! We are not isa. Please read the Worcs rule book. It will tell you what you need to know. WORCS Racing

Again, thats next year, unless you're not going ISA next year? that why I posted the current rules.

Direct links to the "Current" rule book

General index GENERAL

SXS Specific, SXS

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Production 700 finishes are still off. If WORCS can't figure it out, then the racers need to step up and layout the finish order. Luke Rogers finished 1st with Doug Mittag hot on his trail and taking 2nd place. Would you agree with this Staggs?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Definitely a outstanding turnout of UTV's.
But what a shit show its turned into. I understand they were overwhelmed but that's
no excuse for there timing to fail.
I would be pissed if I was placed back further than I finished ( hint class 2 )
Especially if I finished1st and scored 3rd. I'm sure it will be what is in the end because there's no way to prove it othewise.
I sure hope it doesn't effect someone going for a class championship.
The timing failed because of 70 cars and calculating corrected time. It was an uncontrollable mechanical failure that occurred mid race. Cut them some slack, this could happen anywhere. Thats a lot of UTV' at one time running.

on a side note.....when you start in row 1, the clock starts at 0, when you start at row 4, is that clock still at 0 for them or are they stuck at 1 minute 30 seconds behind?

how did they calculate that as well. Just questions not stirring the pot.

What steve said above is very true. It will not sit well with sponsors and those who spend $$ to advertise with their riders to see them get knocked around.
You have finishing order and then you have corrected time. So if you are in class1 yet you start 2 rows back putting you 60 seconds behind that will be subtracted from your overall finishing time.

At least thats the way I have always understood corrected time to work.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Yes I believe after veiwing my gopro I got 2nd I let mittag pass me on the last lap but I am confused as he is not in class 700 right? So I believe I got 2nd after seeing who broke and who i passed.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
I would not build your car around "ISA" if your planning on racing the WORCS series or any Grand Prix Races in the near future. YOU HEARED IT FROM THE MAN...Ryan.
I dont want to see the Grass roots of SXS RACING get ruined.

On the other hand YOU GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF BABIES, suck it up and get ready for round # 3. These types of issues cause problems with Race series,Tracks and offroad riding area's. I watched this happen at PALA RACEWAY and that leaves us with less riding areas for UTV's in So Cal. They would rather have twice as many riders on MX and money than a bunch of people complaining about the track.We are only a part of offroad racing and we want to build it and make something out of it!
How about SOBOBA GP with 35 cars taking off at the same time
into 1 turn, not 1 complaint and only 1 rollover.

This was the most UTV's on a course together in our lifetime and you should be proud and excitied for being a part of it.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
I'm with Dan n waytay n the rest of the realistic racers. There were 66 cars out there n there computers went down. Just like if we broke. There's next round guys. And as far as sponsors. Mine have been in racing for 20 plus years and certinaly aren't going to threaten to "pull out" because of a scoring issue at one race.
There was PLENTY of passing spots. Guys remember. This is an ATV course. Not a desert course. People blocking is one thing. But I didn't have anyone block me during the race and found many spots to pass clean as well as I got passed clean.
This was my 14th UTV WORCS race and the ONLY issue ever. This is the best UTV series in the country. Sean has been very good to us.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I believe there are discrepencies in all classes for sure. I think the production 850 class is off. I know thw production 1000 is way off. But all we can do at this point is move forward. As far as the pits way tay i dont think pulling out of the pit area and going to your truck to repair is a big deal as long as you reentered in the same pits. Their only concern is probably that now there are cars jamming through camp areas trying to fix or repair a car.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
i agree Todd. It was a great turnout and we can keep this thing going and it can hopefully get better. I understand that points are very important for us that plan to run all season. I wonder if they even had a paper trail backup? our cars werent covered in mud so the numbers should be easy to read.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

Your solution to even the points may or may not pacify the racers. I for one also realize the problem, but don't accept your simple solution, because it is not a solution, it is a bandaid. I did not race, but I did sponsor 4 UTV's. 3 in Production 1000 and 1 in Production 850. I spend my sponsorship dollars for results that can be used for marketing. Now my driver that won Production 850 hands down is now shown in 4th. That is not the marketing tool we were looking for. As well, one my Production 1000 cars is scored as 7th, yet his overall standing is higher than the racers listed above him and he started in the back row and they started in row 1 and 2. My own scoring placed him in 4th. All four drivers had problems at Tech due to not having 8" numbers, yet where are the hand scoring sheets or video backup for lap completion that is why the need for the 8" numbers right? WORCS needs to take more time to investigate this deeper and find more video or independent scoring sheets and make this right.

I had planned to talk to WORCS about starting a product Contingency program for the UTV's this weekend but nobody could direct me to the right person. Now I am reconsidering that plan and future sponsorship of racers at WORCS unless I see evidence of a much bigger effort to get this corrected. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure this is not going to sit well with many other sponsors as well.

Hands down ? I was almost positive that David Lytle won production 850 hmm

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I believe there are discrepencies in all classes for sure. I think the production 850 class is off. I know thw production 1000 is way off. But all we can do at this point is move forward. As far as the pits way tay i dont think pulling out of the pit area and going to your truck to repair is a big deal as long as you reentered in the same pits. Their only concern is probably that now there are cars jamming through camp areas trying to fix or repair a car.
I hear the safety thing I drove like old lady thru their, last thing I wanted to do was hit a little kid or something........

Mitch G

2009-2010-2012 King Of The Hammers UTV winner
Feb 14, 2010
i agree Todd. It was a great turnout and we can keep this thing going and it can hopefully get better. I understand that points are very important for us that plan to run all season. I wonder if they even had a paper trail backup? our cars werent covered in mud so the numbers should be easy to read.
I agree 100% . i see cars that I know for a fact didnt go all of the laps and still received points as such. It is a real bummer when your points racing. I think they need to take another look at it or just ask everyone (did you do all the laps)

staggs

Feb 20, 2011

What row did the guys that finished ahead of him start in?because if they started a few rows or even one row behind him it is possible he got 3rd but I know he was hauling it in his teryx for sure.

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Bottom line is everyone needs to be honest and step up if you didn't place where they have you or do that many laps. See everyone at the next round in havasu.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
I know i did 3 laps and thats all. LIke i said i broke ....made a temp fix and nursed it in for as many laps as i could do on front axles. I guess laps or distance counts more than finishing. I think if you break and cant cross the finish line you should get a DNF . My opinion but im nobody

poolguy311

Sep 19, 2011
Landscatter,CA
Who here knows if Mittag was in the 700 class. I passed him then blew out two right side tires. I drove through the checkered behind him.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Yes I believe after veiwing my gopro I got 2nd I let mittag pass me on the last lap but I am confused as he is not in class 700 right? So I believe I got 2nd after seeing who broke and who i passed.
Class act right there Staggs! Your a stand up racer, and if more people would follow suit we could get help get this mess worked out.

Makin' Trax

Got Shocks? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 27, 2009

I have been corrected on that, Alfredo said the Kawi passed him and was gone. So I apologize for that. Still Ramirez finished second clearly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000