Official UTVUnderground Baja 500 Updates Thread

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
It's Desert Racing and sitting around like some dumb Ass Sheep ain't in my play book. If ya see the gap get going. Nice guys Finish last. Kinda like the 405 freeway in rush hour and ya got cold beer to get to. Lol.
Racing is Racing and gitter done Marc.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
By the way that's called EXPERIENCE GETTING AROUND THAT SHIT.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
My bad I didn't know there was one of those little number machines so everyone knew there proper place in line.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
i agree 100%

isnt that just racing? he who gets there the fastest wins right? what are the requirements to stay on the course? how far can you go off?

bajamike

Jun 7, 2014
It's called race etiquette, we race all of our competitors on the track not while they are waiting for cars and the track to clear, he literally cut around everyone!! I know that I wouldn't want to win a race in that fashion nor would I want my sponsors to know that's how I race just bad sportsmanship

Patt107

Jan 31, 2013
I guess Marc came out to race and not sit in line...I would hate to tell a sponsor that I lost a race for parking on course lol

Whattha

Apr 21, 2014
It's called race etiquette, we race all of our competitors on the track not while they are waiting for cars and the track to clear, he literally cut around everyone!! I know that I wouldn't want to win a race in that fashion nor would I want my sponsors to know that's how I race just bad sportsmanship
Did he break any rules? Did he go off course? Did he impede anyone else from advancing on the track? Sounds like Marc was driving to win to me!!

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
Live update from Camalu. Just got out of car 511. Lots of carnage out there. 3 bad log jams on hills. One near the start about RM 25ish, another past Ojos en route to Uruapan about RM 35/40, and another one coming in to Uruapan about RM 60. Lots of Busch League action going on. Apparently class 1600 drivers think this is a good opportunity to get back in front of me after I've already passed them, and feel that they can just run over everybody waiting in line to charge up the hill that isn't fully clear yet. And that one Rhino (1905) is going to do really well overall, considering they jack-rabbited past about 20 cars in line to go up the second log jam and timed it right when the stuck cars cleared. I hope somebody caves their bumper in. and they get penalized for a jackass move like that Morons!!!.
Alright Ladies...FYI THIS IS A RACE TO THE FINISH . TAKE OUT UR TAMPONS and GET R DONE. These UTVs can rock crawl over just about anything.THIS ISNT BITD THIS IS BAJA ANYTHING GOES .Sure it might piss sum people off .OH WELL ! Maybe now we will start getting some RESPECT from the other so called faster classes ,,WTF I JUST GOT NERFED AND PASSED BY A UTV:confused:

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
He had a huge lead on everyone in his class if he sat there they would all be on his ass again waiting for 2wd cars to try to get out of the way. These UTV'S climb like Billy goats they can take lines allot of other cars cant. I always thought it was kinda silly seeing people lined up at the bottom of a hill. We can see that you came on here because you know this is where the utv crowd hangs out. Take a look around and hang out, get comfortable. Keep posting

NIKAL

May 13, 2012
Live update from Camalu. Just got out of car 511. Lots of carnage out there. 3 bad log jams on hills. One near the start about RM 25ish, another past Ojos en route to Uruapan about RM 35/40, and another one coming in to Uruapan about RM 60. Lots of Busch League action going on. Apparently class 1600 drivers think this is a good opportunity to get back in front of me after I've already passed them, and feel that they can just run over everybody waiting in line to charge up the hill that isn't fully clear yet. And that one Rhino (1905) is going to do really well overall, considering they jack-rabbited past about 20 cars in line to go up the second log jam and timed it right when the stuck cars cleared. I hope somebody caves their bumper in. and they get penalized for a jackass move like that Morons!!!.
So that's how BAM did it,:eek: a Jack ass move, not real fast driving skills.....Think he will be caught by the end, there's a thing called Karma.

Ha! Ha! you guys are funny. I got to assume Bajamike is a racer as he said he just got out of #511. But the fact is if there is a bottle neck you need to get around it or your competition is going to put some serous time on you or catch you. I have raced Baja, I have raced in classes with 25-30 cars in them. Many like 5/1600, the majority are Mexican Nationals. They know the shortcuts and if you play nice you are going to lose.

Hell I cant tell you how many times the lame ass 7 & 7S trucks have screwed me as they cant get out of their own way, and if there is a place to get hung up, they are the ones to do it. Then you have the no talent, buy a ride Baja Challenge cars. Here it is I'm racing for a Championship and the last race is the Baja 1000 and I have to deal with these no talent "Bucket List" racers. I know for a fact several have had to pay for rear bumpers because you tap them and they jack rabbit. Next time I catch them I take them for a ride. I have pounded some BC rear bumpers.

Bajamike, I dont know you or your racing history, but I know class 5 has 3 cars entered. Maybe you feel you can wait patiently as you only have 2 cars to race against. But when you race in a class with 20 cars and 8-10 have a real shot at winning, you dont just sit there and sit in line. You get out, survey the area to see if there is a way around, or you look to see how you get the Jack hole that has held you all up out of the way. Just think how much closer you would be to the front of the bottle neck if more did the same. I know of several racers at the 500 & 1000 that have timed out and not cleared check points because they got stuck at a bottle neck, and there race was done because of someone else lack of talent or equipment. I determine my race fate, not someone else in some other class.

If 1905 was smart enough to get around a bottle neck and was able to to put time on his competitors and other class races, then Bravo! He did what he was there to do. That is doing your home work, racing hard, and doing what you need to do "Within the rules" to win.

Now if 1905 jumped out of line and did not make it up the hill or got stuck in the bottle neck making it worst, then yes you have all the right to be pissed, and he would deserve to get his rear bumper pushed in. If your going to try to get around a bottle neck you better commit and succeed. Or you become the Jack Hole!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
hes going to pass johnny on the return leg soon then johnny will know how far in front 1905 is
I know, hehe , wave at Johnny as you go by him in the other direction. Should be good now the sun is down. Marc is running real baja style old school round lights and the rest I think run them trendy bars.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I would pass everyone. It's racing. At KOH the guy waiting in line gets passed every time.

I'm so country... I'm my own damn cousin.

crazywatson

#13 - UTVUnderground Approved
Jul 30, 2009
Redwood City
Last update on Johnny's tracker was 25 min ago does that mean it quit working? I beleive they just changed drivers and Brian B is in.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000