parker 2 day run

HDRA1

old buggy dork - UTVUnderground Approved
Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
so who is making it and where are you all staying

i will be staying at j.t's in the keys or at my buddy's place in the keys not sure yet

all i know is i have a good place to watch the races later in the day :D

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
so who is making it and where are you all staying

i will be staying at j.t's in the keys or at my buddy's place in the keys not sure yet

all i know is i have a good place to watch the races later in the day :D
Hey Lucas are you talkin about the Desert Challenge??

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
As long as we don't break the car in Powder Puff, we will be there. Eric is getting in the driver seat this time! I thought I would let hm have 1 turn:D

HDRA1

Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
so where is everyone staying and how about pitting this is the best race for us all to pit together and enjoy the rest of the races during the day

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
The Baja Bobsled Team will be there. I am bringing my Toy Hauler and camping on the CRIT land to the west of the Python. This is a fun weekend, as long as you don't wad your hot rod, you actually get to relax and watch some racing. I hope it is cooler than last year.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Clue me in...

I just received my entry info from BITD...

to run in Pro class...$750 (entry fee $300, class points $50, land recovery fee $250, land use fee $150, payback from entry fee $150)

to run in Sport...$400 (entry fee $100, land recovery fee $150, land use fee $150)

so the difference to run pro is $350 more...(outside of the $150 payback and I guess the $50 class points I understand) but why does the pro class pay $150 more? I think its great that sportsman pay $400 which is very fair...but its seems unfair that the Pro class pays another $150 for nothing more..what am I missing?

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
Re: Clue me in...

to run in Pro class...$750 (entry fee $300, class points $50, land recovery fee $250, land use fee $150, payback from entry fee $150)

to run in Sport...$400 (entry fee $100, land recovery fee $150, land use fee $150)

so the difference to run pro is $350 more...(outside of the $150 payback and I guess the $50 class points I understand) but why does the pro class pay $150 more? I think its great that sportsman pay $400 which is very fair...but its seems unfair that the Pro class pays another $150 for nothing more..what am I missing?
I could be wrong but it is probably for the points championship prize money.

HDRA1

Sep 3, 2010
Las Vegas nv
my understanding is that the tracker will be discounted this race by 100.00 still a joke if they can find us on a 30 mile course without one they are at a loss for sure
:rolleyes:

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
my understanding is that the tracker will be discounted this race by 100.00 still a joke if they can find us on a 30 mile course without one they are at a loss for sure
We raced in Cal City and they used a small one that fit in my pocket. The track was about 30 miles long, no one got lost. The race was tracked nicely and it was included in the 150$ entry fee. I wish we could do something more like this. I still have to buy the 300$ bracket before we can do Parker:(

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Re: Clue me in...

Sportsman payback is O Zero, nada, nothin' in sportsman you are racing for a trophy.

The payback in Pro is better than nothing but it would be nice to get more.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
The whole IRC thing is a sore subject for us. We are required to purchase this junk every race, yet when the the tracker does not work which is quite often IRC is not held accountable at all. They never offer to make it right.

At V2R our tracker was not working when it went in the car. of course they said it was a problem with the car. This is understandable considering what a hunk of crap our car is. Anyway they moved the antenas around and finaly got it to link up. At the start they came over and said we were off line again. They messed around for a while and said it was due to low voltage. Again car problem, according to IRC. Our car never dropped below 14.2 volts for the entire race according to our instrumentation. The tracker is wired directly to the battery. Huh, go figure.

We contacted IRC and were told that they would investigate and get back with us. of course they never called back. So again, no acountability and no responsibility to the racers.

This system is fantastic in concept but it is not perfected yet. They are making a killing on the racers while they try to figure it out.

This system is supposed to be a safety feature. I would put no faith in IRC if my life depended on it. In fact just the opposite.

One more thing. If your car ever catches on fire, make sure you pull the IRC out before you climb out. A burned up box will cost you $2400 dollars. You heard it right. :eek:

Sorry for the rant and gee, thanks IRC for the $100 discount!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000