All UTV's Question about Off-Road GPS for Rhino

I have a Rhino and i'm looking into getting another GPS as my Lowrance XOG has stopped working. Any advice on a good unit to get that will record my path of travel and what not? I original had the 3.5" screen mounted to my dash which made it nice.

I'm trying to stay away from the $500 Lowrance Baja system just due to the cost. And i'm not really looking to get a hand held unit...

Any advice on which to get? If you have something you would reccomend please tell... :confused:

I've been looking into another Lowrance XOG or Magellan Crossover but they are both discontinued products so it kinda sucks spending money on somthing that wont even get software updates...

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
Something that will work that between Lowrance and a handheld would be the Garmin 276C/376C family...about a 3.4-4 inch screen..waterproof..rugged as hell and can go from mount to mount very easily.. I have one I move from my truck to UTV to motorcycle in seconds... think you could find a good unit on Ebay or Craigslist in your price range...I have a buddy who is a Air Force Special Ops pilot...they use standard 276's as backup to their 25k GPS units...I think its funny and ironic.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have a Iway 500c and it works great. It's obsolete buy they are all over Craigslist for $125 to $200. Its touch screen color with 20gb built in memory for MP3 and maps.

Ignore Amos

Jan 14, 2011
Tucson, AZ
thank you Rusy5150 and Ignore Amos!

That does help. I havent been finding much on the internet when it comes to off road gps. I will check these both out.

Thanks again

No problem... I think where you'll find the 276C will excel compare to the more generic Automotive types is the off road maps..and that fact that Garmin has an extensive map section that even the base maps have terrific local level detail even in the most remote areas..always surprises me when I think I'm on a cow trail... it shows on the map.

Good luck in whatever direction you go.

mtoma

Apr 30, 2010
Jackson, CA
Good info. Amos, I to am in the market for something like that. One of the most important things to me is the quality and detail of the available maps. Nice to have topography along with ALL trails. Also need a unit that is rugged and actually works, lol.

Maybe someone else will chime in with some more recommendations.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I run a lowrance Elite 5-M Baja from PCI. So far I have only used it in my truck but I have set it up so I can easily pull it out and run it in the utv in seconds. So far using it in Baja has been a piece of cake. It's designed for off road and marine use so it's durable as can be. make sure you check it out first.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000