Raffling my truck? Opinions?

trestles126

riding durty
Jan 19, 2009
costa mesa
I'm tossing around the idea of raffling my truck off. I hear of all these people raffling tickets for there house. It sounds far fetched but I feel if I promoted it enough I could get 250 people to pay 110 a ticket then hold a raffle. What do u guys think feasable?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
sorry I was missin a zero up above................but that is a sweet idea!! I say go for it but you better be willing to stick with it if you dont sell as many tickets as you think.....you should take it to the Off Road Expo and every off road event possible to sell tickets at!! Take an ad out in a magazine and whore out the forums!!

kdub41

Murder Red
Jan 27, 2009
Hemet
have you ever heard of a penny raffle. that would be a good idea too. but call it the five dollar raffle and start the raffle tickets at 5.00 then sell tickets that go all the way up to 150.
we are going this with a set of golf clubs at my work and we started at .01 cents and went up to 7 dollars, so you are selling 700 tickets ranging from those amounts. the clubs were like 1900 but we will make out well over that. if this makes any since?

drewallen42

Jan 30, 2009
That's a pretty far fetched idea right there! I could see maybe a fully finished truck for $50 dollar tickets at an Offroad event but that's about it. We always lose money on our projects, that's just part of the game!
Please let me know if you are interested in loosing money on a Rotax or R1 conversion for an 08 700 4 seater!!! I'll deliver.

CoachJB

Mar 2, 2009
I am not the law or a lawyer, however, I think to make the raffle legal you have to be going into it with a 501c3? A non-profit gets a portion of the proceeds. That's what I've seen on the homes for $100 bucks. So they sell all these tickets and give some to a charity and keep the rest.

JB

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I'd pay a Bone for a ticket......it would be a 1 in 250 odds. NOT bad. Most of the folks paying 50 for a finished truck are lucky if the have a 1 in 10000 shot at winning. Do that shit I need a rig to run from Mojave to stateline in november:D

cameron

Jan 16, 2009
I think you should do a poll on here and some other forums asking if people would pay that....I think you'd be surprised how many people would do it

Ivan Dan

Offroad Realtor
Feb 20, 2009
Placentia, cA
www.DanKaatz.com
I am not the law or a lawyer, however, I think to make the raffle legal you have to be going into it with a 501c3? A non-profit gets a portion of the proceeds. That's what I've seen on the homes for $100 bucks. So they sell all these tickets and give some to a charity and keep the rest.

JB
I've seen people pitch this idea on the boating forums many times and from what I understand it is actually illegal. You might want to do some research before you get to wrapped up in the idea.

Give me a call when you get a chance I have an idea that might help with the truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000