SCORE/BITD Contender

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
After a 23 year haitus from fabricating, my brother and I built this Maverick for my cousin in 10 weeks. Watch out in front of you! Hey, look! R&R's back!

Last edited:

Glamisfan

Oct 26, 2009
imperial valley
Okay, so you're the fella that build the custom long travel suspension with the rear diff moved back. I'd like any more info you can supply on the front spindles. Are they custom one offs? And how is the axle plunge on the rear end? Same as the stock? Myself and the peeps on the Maverick forum would really like to see some Hi-Rez photos posted up of all the detail work on your Maverick. Also would like to see how you did the steering set up. Did you use a buggy rack and pinion? I actually started a thread on the maverick forums called Marc Burnett Maverick.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
I just added 4 more albums revealing basic steering and suspension design changes and principals. I have way more pics and knowledge than I have time to reveal here. My goal in the underground is not to brag, but rather to expose what is really involved in a true "build", and maybe bring in some work at the same time. I'll leave the boasting in the capable hands of our driver/owner, and fearless leader, Marc Burnett. He is a racing maniac with 30 years of high-end driving experience. He's won in every kind of vehicle he's raced, 2 or 4-wheeled, and is totally confident in a victory in the Maverick soon. I am currently working on a multi-stage/race proven kit(s) that will suit the needs of the Maverick owners at any level. I'm sick of Polaris this, and XP 900 that. I built my first race car over 20 years ago. It was a high end truck, and won its first race overall. After a long break, I have learned that that success still seems easy to come by. There is still a lot of monkey-see, monkey-do going on out there. Many fabricators could benefit from picking up one of Carroll Smith's "Win" series books, and learning the fundamentals of race car design and development. I was stoked to see Cory Sappington podium at Baja with his stocker. To think that I almost felt sorry for him when I saw his car in contingency at this years Baja 500. Kicked our ass, that's for sure! To think that My brother and I put in over 2,000 hours in the 3 months leading up to Baja to design and build our ton of fun, whilst Cory went on with his daily routine, and just packed up and left for Baja with little planning or preparation. Awesome!

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
I just added 4 more albums revealing basic steering and suspension design changes and principals. I have way more pics and knowledge than I have time to reveal here. My goal in the underground is not to brag, but rather to expose what is really involved in a true "build", and maybe bring in some work at the same time. I'll leave the boasting in the capable hands of our driver/owner, and fearless leader, Marc Burnett. He is a racing maniac with 30 years of high-end driving experience. He's won in every kind of vehicle he's raced, 2 or 4-wheeled, and is totally confident in a victory in the Maverick soon. I am currently working on a multi-stage/race proven kit(s) that will suit the needs of the Maverick owners at any level. I'm sick of Polaris this, and XP 900 that. I built my first race car over 20 years ago. It was a high end truck, and won its first race overall. After a long break, I have learned that that success still seems easy to come by. There is still a lot of monkey-see, monkey-do going on out there. Many fabricators could benefit from picking up one of Carroll Smith's "Win" series books, and learning the fundamentals of race car design and development. I was stoked to see Cory Sappington podium at Baja with his stocker. To think that I almost felt sorry for him when I saw his car in contingency at this years Baja 500. Kicked our ass, that's for sure! To think that My brother and I put in over 2,000 hours in the 3 months leading up to Baja to design and build our ton of fun, whilst Cory went on with his daily routine, and just packed up and left for Baja with little planning or preparation. Awesome!
I thought you weren't going to brag?? :D your car looks great! And yeah Cory just does what Cory does sometimes it gets him and sometimes it doesn't! He's a great guy and has done a lot for our sport!

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
When/where is the next race??
Vegas 2 Reno?? Come join the fun!

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Win...then brag! Haha:p

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Bold words!!! I think you built a great looking car. I took some photos of it jumping the start line jump. But to say that "My goal in the underground is not to brag, but rather to expose what is really involved in a true "build".

I am guessing that you think Cognito, JaggedX, Holz, Murray and many other race cars are not true "builds". Exotic builds look great, sometimes they work great but in most cases they take a ton of work to get dialed in. I hope everything works out for your team.

badassmav

Jun 11, 2013
Jamul
When are we gonna get to see it race again then?
Bold words!!! I think you built a great looking car. I took some photos of it jumping the start line jump. But to say that "My goal in the underground is not to brag, but rather to expose what is really involved in a true "build".

I am guessing that you think Cognito, JaggedX, Holz, Murray and many other race cars are not true "builds". Exotic builds look great, sometimes they work great but in most cases they take a ton of work to get dialed in. I hope everything works out for your team.
Win...then brag! Haha:p
When/where is the next race??
Vegas 2 Reno?? Come join the fun!
I thought you weren't going to brag?? :D your car looks great! And yeah Cory just does what Cory does sometimes it gets him and sometimes it doesn't! He's a great guy and has done a lot for our sport!

-We're doing one shakedown race in the immediate future, then we'll see you all at V2R with our bone stock engine, where we expect an impressive finish for our new Ute. I'll just shut my pie-hole until then!!
-Anyway, I have accomplished what I set out to do in the online forums; Get our car noticed. I saw a headline from Side X Side News "Can-am Maverick race team earns second in Baja". I click on the link, and the first and only pic they show is of our car! Likewise, on Jagged X's Facebook page when linking to pics of the Baja 500, it is our car that is first-to-show (thanks Matt!).
-Talk is cheap, so I'll wait. That being said, we do believe our package is as strong as any others out there.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I dont mind the confidence in your work or machine at all.As long as your not talking crap about other people I see nothing wrong with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000