Short course rzr

racemx587

Standing On My 4 Big Horns SUCKA! - UTVUnderground
Mar 28, 2009
Is there any reason why there are not many short course rzr builds?
Is there a problem with the engine or suspension to make it a bad starting platform? I saw that Walker Evans rzr does pretty well but thats about it. I would think that there would be more being raced. I own an "s" and am just curious....

junior quisquis

I AM NOT BLUE - YOU LIFT-YOU LOSE! - UTVUndergroun
the rzr is not a bad car. I have one but just for trail and play ride. Their was a couple more last season but I haven't seen any in a while. I am not a pro builder, more like a garage guy, but the platform is not as tuff as a rhino or terx. It needs a lot of gussets. I layed mine on its side and I have a lot of work to do to fix it. But just like any car if you have the determination and skill it could be a good build. And they don't call the Walker Evans rzr "THE WORLD FASTEST RZR" for nothing. I haven't seen any rzr move like that one.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Great concept,weak chassis,super expensive to make fast.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
Is there any reason why there are not many short course rzr builds?
Is there a problem with the engine or suspension to make it a bad starting platform? I saw that Walker Evans rzr does pretty well but thats about it. I would think that there would be more being raced. I own an "s" and am just curious....
for the stock power you get it is a great platform. Holtz racing RZR comes to mind also besides RJ's ride.

I think it would be the one to beat in Stock Class for sure. Weld on Cage, Doors, and safety stuff and your ready to go.

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
I woudl contact Kroyer to get an idea of motor build cost. They are building the HO motor for both Walker Evans and Holz.......

But I will say that if I was going out to build an all around solid SXS to do some play and shortcourse racing I would probably get a RZR-S....suspension is awesome (especially with some FOX RC-2 shocks or some dialed Walkers) and the HO motor gets busy! I really like the RZR.

Why their arent more racing? Well there is still a few built RZR's racing. Some built by Mafia Industries and then you got Tyler Parkse's low rider, RJ's, and a few others....I think the Teryx has just taken over due to its power potential.

Last edited:

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
I was told those motors were very expensive but I dont know personaly.I like the whole concept of the razr and coming with long travel stock is something I would like to see on more utvs I have just seen to many razrs fall over and the frames are bent on small stuff.

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
the rzr has been the red headed bastard stepchild of utv racing. not a whole lot of motor support untill recently.

the rzr frame is very thin and weak in most areas. it would take a complete disassembly to make it reliable in racing.

so with a weak frame and motor hop ups just getting figured out it does not make a sensible package to race. lots of $$$ up front to invest to become competative.

most shortcourse racing this last season has been setup for high horse power long sweeping corners with minimal tecnical sections. to get to the podium you will need a 80 hp motor which is just being proven by Kroyer.

give the rzr another year of development and there will be some great things for it to become very competative.

Rander637

The Worlds Fastest RZR's - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 22, 2009
So Cal
Well i dont know which route your planning on taking your rzr in but here is what i know from experience. In my car(walker evans rzr), we have the first kroyer motor ever built(now different from version one due to fine tuninnng and things like that) but the thing runs like a champ as is very durable. And i know that kroyer just came out with a fully bolt on stage three kit for the rzr that puts out around 70horsepower on pump gas and they are for sale through holzracingproducts. Chassis wise i love the handling of my car and it'll go where i want it to. Haha hope this helps out a little and thanks for the kind words guys;)

HOLZ

HOLZ Racing - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 30, 2009
www.holzracingproducts.com
Ta Da!
We're pretty close to having this short course RZR done. Put some bighorns on it to roll it around the shop. I'm sure you will se it on the track in the very near future

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 8, 2009
WOW! MEAN! me likey..........When and where will we see this animal racing??? Please keep us posted! Thank you Holz!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000