STOCK Polaris Xp Class @ The Lucas Oil Regional Series??? Need your input

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
I just worry about safety with a true stock class. You may think that you can keep your hands and feet inside the car when you crash, but you can't. Stock Polaris cage's are thin. Stock seat belts do not keep the driver in the car in a crash as we have all seen on Youtube. Sure it would be great to just jump in your family UTV and race, but do you want to go home with a crushed limb or worse? Just my 2 cents :)

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
Agreed. No one is suggesting a totally stock class.....I was just saying that many people who would race a totally stock class won't race if they have to modify their machines for safety sake. That is why we see so many XPs and other machines around and about, but not so many at the race track.

IMO the more safety rules the better.

I don't see any reason why anyone who wants to race a stock XP in the regional series can't race in the Stock UTV class. That's what it's there for. :) Bring 'em out!

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
Just 5 cents worth from a perspective of having seen a production class in another race sport and seen it work very well.

We have run production 250CC racing in Australian road motorcycling for 25 years now and it has been vital to the success of producing some of the finest road racers in the world from a country with limited exposure to motorsport. And you can see the lack of success generally in other categories.

Having a standard vehicle (wouldn't Polaris, Arctic Cat or Can Am jump at the chance to sponsor a series if you declared a single vehicle event?) with minimal standard changes for safety but all else stock, gives you a bare bones entry level for non racers to enter a racing series at minimal outlay and find out if they would like to take racing further.

With a single make of vehicle you can soon identify illegal mods by better handling or faster cars which cannot be acheived by tuning alon, outright acceleration past you while your flat stick in a stright line will showing you who may be cheating.

But all in all it has produced the best level of recers we are able to produce and as much as people here might have one preference or another I believe the one make class would be aimed at mostly brand new racers, not people here who are already racing.

SXS's need to have a "nursery" class and a single vehicle production class is I believe the best solution I know of to getting people into more advanced levels of SXS racing. Its a great step up from something like Minitruck if you are a junior or a good entry level for someone with no SXS experience but some racing or some SXS riding experience.

Just my 5 cents worth

SXS Machine

Importer, wholesaler,
Agreed. No one is suggesting a totally stock class.....I was just saying that many people who would race a totally stock class won't race if they have to modify their machines for safety sake. That is why we see so many XPs and other machines around and about, but not so many at the race track.

IMO the more safety rules the better.

I don't see any reason why anyone who wants to race a stock XP in the regional series can't race in the Stock UTV class. That's what it's there for. :) Bring 'em out!
Don't know the AZ rules here axactly but if this is saying what I'm saying above Cory (although you aren't promoting a singler make) I would be supporting a similar system. :D

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
How about if there is a RZR4 XP 900, Where would this fall.

Before I say I wont be there! What classes do they offer at the LUCAS OIL REGIONAL's.

I raced 2 years ago @ Glen Helen and there was a class for the YAMAHA RHINO's. What classes are available??????

How many different classes and what's the cost to race?
Hey Daniel we currently offer a SR1 Class
and a Modified UTV class like the Lucas Oil Off Road Series.

The question is how many SXS/UTV are like yours and would race on a consistent basis? What good is a class with 2 or 3 cars racing around??

We only have so much time in a day and can't change that. We are set to a 1 day race program. Hopefully we can build up a class one day for your SXS? Thanks

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
We know the unlimited class can run with the SR1's it's proven.

Im not looking for a place just for my car, Im thinking about everbody else with a TERYX,RHINO,RZR,RZRS,RZR4, they need a place to RACE.

FACTS
700cc WORCS series had 10 rhinos or more in class 3 at each race I went to this year.

850cc Class 2 had 12 plus cars.

1000cc Class 1 had almost 20 cars.

HOW COME CALI IS DIFFERENT THAN AZ ?

hotrod44d

Apr 10, 2011
idaho
brilliant!! I would participate, Lucas oil course with an XP would appeal to anyone that owns one!! DO IT!!

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
Looks like this class is starting to take shape.
I'm Sure we will add other brands soon.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Many of us have been waiting for the opurntunity to race our bolt on XP cars at short course events. 50' wide track... Groomed n watered.... UTV safe high speed jumps. This will be awesome
Looking forward to running some Utah regionals.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Looks like this class is starting to take shape.
I'm Sure we will add other brands soon.
Ken, what is the lowdown on the rules in this class? point me to a link if there is one! i am assuming they arent the same as the LOORS national series rules were, stock fuel tank is okay?

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Justin, the cages will be based off the current UTV cage rules. Main exception is of course these will bolt on. The stock " bowling trophy" front A pilar mounts will not be allowed. Brian Carr has built the 5 Rockstar cars that have been approved by LOORS. He is located in lake Elsinore and can be reached through LOORS. They require more side impact protection than most of us run. But other than that the cages don't seem far off from what most are running.
You can also go on the lucas oil regional website and email or call Lee Perfect. He is the one to speak with BEFORE building your cage for this class.

COGNITO

Cognito Motorsports - Official UTVUnderground Spon
Apr 30, 2009
Justin, the cages will be based off the current UTV cage rules. Main exception is of course these will bolt on. The stock " bowling trophy" front A pilar mounts will not be allowed. Brian Carr has built the 5 Rockstar cars that have been approved by LOORS. He is located in lake Elsinore and can be reached through LOORS. They require more side impact protection than most of us run. But other than that the cages don't seem far off from what most are running.
You can also go on the lucas oil regional website and email or call Lee Perfect. He is the one to speak with BEFORE building your cage for this class.
do you know if stock fuel tank is okay?

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
Lucas knows that to get back to the glory days of UTV racing they need to reduce the cost to race and build race UTVs. The reality is that without a big turnout the Lucas style tracks just are not that exciting for a couple of UTVs. The tracks are built for big power short course trucks, not 70hp +/- UTVs. If 20-30 cars are out there it looks fun and exciting and to get those car counts you have to look at what makes WORCS, GNCC and other GPs get 40+ entries per race. I would love to see Lucas start getting good car counts again. Ken knows what needs to be done and the UTV community is lucky to have a guy like Ken on the inside of LOORRS to fight for us.

tyler

Parkse5 - UTVUnderground Approved
May 27, 2009
mission viejo
so now the rzr xp that I built to race loors is not legal to race anymore? I was planning on racing this event! Where does that leave me? I went out on a limb to build a loors race car and not even aloud to race this class? What do I do I just want to race again!

Dirty

Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
We have a Solid crew behind this UTV program!! I have been around this game from day one and feel we can revamp / add to utv racing scene.

Thanks to-
Kenny Osbourn and Black Rhino
The Wellers!!
Jordan from Rockstar
Jason and Jeremy Merrell
Clint from Blingstar
Bryan from CarrOne
The one The only- JoeyD and Rusty
Todd Seaver- Lucas Oil Off Road Announcer
Lee Perfect
Lucas Oil- for the awesome tracks!
All the racers at the Lucas Oil Regional Series So Cal, Arizona and Utah!

Keep on the look out for rules and info.

If your looking for more info email [email protected] or if you would like to jump onto this program with sponsorship or a vendor spot email- [email protected] Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone July 21st at Glen Helen!!

We will be hosting another round of the SR1 Championship at Glen Helen-

$10 to get in and free to camp!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000