Turbo or n.a. For new car build score and bitd?

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
As it states, I'm trying to make an educated decision before starting a new build. Currently looking at thads roller chassis or magnums new desert car. Where do you racers see the class going? Will there be an NA class in the next year? I know cognito is killing it in his NA car right now but I've heard he has a turbo in the works also. I'm sure these have been asked before but I'm trying for the most current thoughts before pulling the trigger on the donor car! Thanks in advance.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Depends on what your goal is. NA is still having huge turnouts....turbo is getting bigger but they are still working out bugs.

Reactions: Never happy

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
This is my concern, long term (I know that's a relative term in utv racing) class turn out. Goal would be to be ready for Parker blue water, I'm sure it'll have plenty of cars in na this year but will it fall of by next season?? On the other side, how long will it take for the bugs to be worked out on the turbos? All this ecu b.s. Is ridiculous!! They need to open up the ecu and stop pulling them unnecessarily causing electrical gremlins. Race cars have enough issues without other people's hands in them.

Reactions: facteryfmf

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
I'm only going to do select bitd races and focus more on score... I know I'm backwards on that but my real enjoyment is racing Baja, nothing stateside compares in my opinion. And car counts are down in score right now I was at San Felipe and I think there was 7 in each class. I know that'll grow being so many races were right around that time. Anyways thanks for responding, I like to hear from the guys actually doing it and what their dealing with on course and in prep issues..

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Turbo. You will have to learn and work the bugs out of any new car. I've had a couple of disappointing races jumping to a turbo but I know once I can use the power without shredding belts and braking other parts it will be well worth it

Reactions: Never happy

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I would buy this NA RZR. He is asking $35k. Great RZR build with all the best parts. Race it for season and see where you want to go from there.

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
I would buy this NA RZR. He is asking $35k. Great RZR build with all the best parts. Race it for season and see where you want to go from there.

I agree with rusty. Great way to try out your skills and see how much effort desert racing really takes!

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Well considering there is 2 of them and a brand new chassis sitting, I'd say there's a few for sale...

Makes sense lol. I was confused at why they would start a new build when they are doing so well. But that doesn't sound like the case.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Makes sense lol. I was confused at why they would start a new build when they are doing so well. But that doesn't sound like the case.

Everything is always for sale for the right price!

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
I actually looked at his car a little bit and I've got a friend selling his 2 seater also... This isn't my first go at desert racing, I've raced score and bitd in pro Moto for years... Also in a 5/1600 and a 10 car in Baja and more... I've owned and raced utvs since the rhino days. This will be a solid effort with good prep and chase program. I do see the value in the turbo package as far as resale! I guess I've never been a fan of turbo applications in any off-road situation mainly because of the excessive heat it brings with it.. But it seems it going to be the wave of the future in utvs at least! Heck I remember when the big controversy was VW bringing their turbo diesel touregs to score fighting their no turbo policy then!

Never happy

Jun 25, 2013
Thanks for the input and ideas! Not sure if I want to go the used car route(not saying these cars aren't top line cars) I just have some ideas I want to use on whatever I decide to build.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

Jake that new build is for a customer...we're still planing on racing old faithful the rest of this season

jakecarver91

Nov 11, 2009
Jake that new build is for a customer...we're still planing on racing old faithful the rest of this season

I would be too with the results it is bringing. That's why I was confused when I read that! Lol see you guys in Laughlin!

Reactions: BiggJim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000