All UTV's VIAIR On Board Air System Install

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
So before KOH I recieved a full Viair on board system for my Rhino. My plan was to use this system to keep my camera gear clean on the trail and air up tires and many other things. So before we left for KOH I installed my system (kind of that is). I just slapped it in and wired it up. We had not even made it out of town before we need to call upon my new VIAIR system. The trailer tires were low and we fixed that with my Rhino.

So know its months later the racing season is here and I need to get the FOTOROD upto par.

So I pulled the entire system out of my Rhino and cut out all of the old mounts.

Step 1: I cut off the factory mounts welded to the tank. These mounts did not work in my application.

Before

After

Step 2: I test fit the tank into position and marked the locations of the new mounts.

Step 3: I fit the tank into position and tacked welded the new mounts. I had to install the rear seat assembly to make sure every fit good.

Step 4: I pulled the tank out of the car and welded up the new mounts.

Step 5: I installed the tank back into the car and welded up the mounts on the chassis.

Step 6: I used some strap steel to mount the air comp. The comp will mount right below the tank.

Step 7: I drilled the mounting holes for the air comp and mounted it.

Step 8: I installed all the provided fitting and pressure switches. I added a pressure gauge to my tank. The kit comes with everything you need except Teflon tape.

Step 9: I installed a switch so I can shut the power off to the pressure switch when I am not using it.

The finish product fits nicely behind my kids seats and looks nice and clean.

Big thanks to VIAIR and UTVUNDERGROUND.COM for the On Board Air System. This is best upgrade I have made to my Rhino since adding my Rugged Radio system.​

NEVERENOUGH

Oct 25, 2009
That turned out great. I am going to have to add this to my list of must haves thanks for sharing.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I will post more pics once I get the tank back from powder coat and them put the car back together.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000