Who Remembers nite Racing at Comp Hill.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have been going to Glamis since 1978. My dad and his boys from Toyota of Escondido were die hard Glamis. It started with a Custom Malcom Smith frame and a RD400 motor. My dad would sit me on the gas tank at age 1 and run his belt through my belt loops to hold me on. At age 3 I got a new 1981 ATC70. Then it went to a High Jumper with a nice 1835. Then my dad built a Fibertech mid engine frame with a 22r motor out of Ivan Stewarts Mickey Thompson truck. I did not ride in the hard pack desert until I was old enough to buy my own toy and go to Ocotillo. Glamis was a huge part of my life. One year we went every single weekend for a whole year.

oldschoolrhino

My Other Ride is a Long Travel Limo - UTVUndergrou
Jan 15, 2009
peoria az
i can remember doing what ever where ever at the dune just letting loose and partying till day light then passing out in the sand next to the truck at the bottom of the hill.

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
Sitting here Drinkin a Beer reading all of the stories almost makes ya wanna Cry for the Old Days to come back. Jeez Lots of great Memories made in the Sand.

DUNE DUMMY 29

OG Sticker Man - UTVUnderground La Familia
Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
WE STARTED GOING TO GLAMIS IN 1975. WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME SLEEPING IN MY 1975 FORD PU WITH A CAMPER SHELL. WE WENT FROM 185Ss TO A 200X TO 4 WHEELERS. WE QUIT GOING IN 2008 AFTER A YEAR TAKING OUR UNDER POWERED RHINO TO THE DUNES. THAT WAS ALSO THE BEGINNING OF THE OVER REGULATING. WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE OLD DAYS AGAIN.

Beach Leo

Way-Good
Mar 6, 2011
Mt Shasta & Mt Diablo
Great Tread.

Its Truly Sad that we no longer have many Liberty's like we once had.

I could be here all-night long talking about the good ole-day's in the 70s.

To bad our kids and grand-kids will never have the Liberty's like we once had.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
God yes the Ol 185 hard tail bout killed me a few times and that was a blast .
Like going for a nite ride with the whole Gang on the EzGo Golf carts for 6hrs in the Big dunes to olds and comp and back to Gecko and boy that sure taught you how to pick a line and you better have a good partner to help push.LOL.
I remember looking up at the tops of some of those big valleys deep in the middle of nowhere wondering if we were ever gonna get out and back to camp.:eek:

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Now that I think about it I remember when are Buddy craig got the First Rhino out and we were all laughing at it and calling him a Fag, Then they rolled it in camp one night and Broke are friends Ankle, lol. that was 2003

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
Sitting here Drinkin a Beer reading all of the stories almost makes ya wanna Cry for the Old Days to come back. Jeez Lots of great Memories made in the Sand.
x 2 for sure . oh don't forget about Boardmenville will be gone dec 15th is the last time we will have that place to go . That was a regular last stop for us on our dune rides for plus 20yrs
Devin DelaRon Motorsports

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
BUMMER. ANOTHER LANDMARK GOES AWAY. SADLY I WAS ONLY THERE ONCE.
I MISS THE DUNES. I LOVED MY YFZ450 IN THE BOWLS & HILLCLIMBING. TOO OLD & TOO MANY SURGERIES SO I SOLD IT. PLUS WE WERE HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN IN THE RHINO. :D

dev's rzr

Jan 7, 2011
glandora ca
BUMMER. ANOTHER LANDMARK GOES AWAY. SADLY I WAS ONLY THERE ONCE.
I MISS THE DUNES. I LOVED MY YFZ450 IN THE BOWLS & HILLCLIMBING. TOO OLD & TOO MANY SURGERIES SO I SOLD IT. PLUS WE WERE HAVING WAY TOO MUCH FUN IN THE RHINO. :D
i know what you mean i still have ltr 450 and only once in while
it's nice to have a back up ride just incase
Devin DelaRon Motorsports <!-- / message -->
<!-- controls -->

DUNE DUMMY 29

Feb 28, 2009
EL CENTRO
www.planetsidexside.com
I REMEMBER CLEAN GENE'S, DIRTY BOB'S & SWEET MARIE'S ALL DOWN BY THE STORE. THERE WAS ALSO A BAR WITH PIZZA UPSTAIRS @ THE STORE. THE SAND DRAGS BEHIND THE STORE WERE ALWAYS FUN.
DO YOU REMEMBER WHEN THE GLAMIS MALL HAD THE NO FEAR SEMI, RALLIES, PIZZA & ALL KINDS OF CRAZY VENDORS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000