WORCS 2012 season?

Ryan15

Sep 20, 2011
We at WORCS are trying to improve the utv races. We see the interest so we have been coming up with a few ideas for the 2012 season.

the biggest thing I hear is people want to see the course. Unclassified in the morning doesn't work because it takes too long to get broken utvs off the course. So before the utv race we were thinking a parade lap of the entire course.

We were thinking of adding a race on sunday. Nothing is official but we were thinking of a sunday pro race for the utv's. To race you must qualify in the Saturday race. There would be a pro class 1,2 and 3 on sunday. So all classes have a chance at some money. the saturday races will stay the same but become the qualifier for sunday. numbers to qualify TBD.

Maybe increasing the time of the races to 1hr or just leave them at 45 mins.

As far as rule changes that is another subject. But i see at least hand restraints or nets will be mandatory next year.

REMEMBER THESE ARE JUST IDEAS ANY OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT WILL BE POSTED ON WORCSRACING.COM

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
thanks for posting and keeping us all up to date Ryan! We look forward to a big year in 2012 at WORCS and UTVUnderground.com will be planning ahead to make sure we are in attendance for all events in one way or another.

I am hoping we will see the ISA and WORCS work together on refining the rules but of course that is out of both of our hands. I do know the ISA has been working hard with WORCS to refine the rules as such that WORCS could adopt without any major shock to the competitors. Of course things like Hand Restraints and/or Window Nets are a great improvement for overall safety!

I like the 45min format but a 1hr format would be cool too! I also love the Pro Class payout idea which makes racing a weekend event with possibly 2 days of racing!

I want to personally thank WORCS for dedicating so much time and effort into the UTV class!

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
Let me see if I understand this correctly. Is their going to be a pro class and a beginner class in class 1,2 & 3?

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
I think the parade lap is a great idea - not all UTV racers also come and race a quad, so I think giving the UTV class a look-see at the track before the race is a great idea, not only from a safety standpoint, but also from a competitive one. Evens the field just a bit more.....

I also think that the rules WORCS currently has in place are working well - that's apparent by the fact that they are getting some of the largest UTV turnouts (if not THE largest) on the west coast.

So, Kudos to WORCS for offering a place for the budget racers (and others) to race and have a good time without breaking the bank!

Looking forward to getting out to another WORCS race soon!

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
i think this is great it makes it more worth wild to have a chance to do more than one race , i do like the 45 min but i will do what ever .
thank you to worcs and its staff for making it happen for us utv'ers:D

gsxr702

Jun 18, 2010
L.V N.V.
We at WORCS are trying to improve the utv races. We see the interest so we have been coming up with a few ideas for the 2012 season.

the biggest thing I hear is people want to see the course. Unclassified in the morning doesn't work because it takes too long to get broken utvs off the course. So before the utv race we were thinking a parade lap of the entire course.

I like this idea .

SGM4Life

Oct 29, 2009
Valencia,Ca
Sounds good for another race on sunday. We are gonna try and get 3 vehicles joining for the 2012 season. I think window nets should be mandatory for sure. They work well. Parade lap or a walk around the track would be better. Just so you can see whats going on and make notes.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
The only problem I see with a Sunday race is the drive home. Sunday gives the teams that travel the option to drive home. Some people travel up to 25 hours straight for these races.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Parade lap YES! lots of reasons this would be great.. I have also spoke to many at the races and everyone seems to love this idea.

1 lap behind a sweeper bike or quad would be awesome. Cory is right on, most of us dont bring a quad so the first couple laps are pretty scetchy.

Sunday pro$ race: I think this is great and I feel most would enter. Especially if there were 3 seperate $ classes instead of one big $ open class. Im sure some would head home but even with a 40 car field and we lost 15.. That would still be worth running the classes sunday. IMO.

45 min?: Leave it. Most are lucky to get these things to last the 45 mins . I feel its plenty of time to make somthing happen if your going to. I would even go for 30 minutes on the sunday pro races in the intrest of time...

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
One other thing to consider when running two races in two days is that there will be many racers who will need to fix their UTVs between the Saturday and Sunday race.

As a racer, I always love more seat time. But it's possible that running twice on a weekend might prove to be more of a strain on the ol' pocketbook for the recreational folks. This could thin out the numbers as the season progresses.....or maybe it won't. But it might be something to consider.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
nice to see that you are thinking about window nets, this is a + IMO and not too hard to do nor expensive considering what you are protecting.

you do have nice turnouts as well, so your doing something right! Good luck in the future :)

Rog

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Cory has a very valid point. twice as many races, I dont carry or own spares to fix my car on site, Im not sure about the rest of the group.

I would hope for the parade lap mostly.

Hey Ryan, Any talk of running 2 seperate races on Sat? One race for class one. And another for class 2 and 3? With upwards of 20 cars showing for class one maybe we should think about giving them a stand alone race?

gsxr702

Jun 18, 2010
L.V N.V.
One other thing to consider when running two races in two days is that there will be many racers who will need to fix their UTVs between the Saturday and Sunday race.

As a racer, I always love more seat time. But it's possible that running twice on a weekend might prove to be more of a strain on the ol' pocketbook for the recreational folks. This could thin out the numbers as the season progresses.....or maybe it won't. But it might be something to consider.
Also I have seen drivers drive way over their head to try an win money . Dont get me wrong I like the money part but it needs to be a pro. and beginner class . Dont have alot of room for lots of spare parts .
Just my 2cents

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I think window nets, some sort of neck support (doughnut ok) and a fire suit should be mandatory. Window nets are around $100, doughnut $40 and a simple single layer fire suit it $100. Kind of like requiring motocross boots to race...well motocross.

Cencalrzr

Jul 27, 2010
I think the warmup lap would be great. And do agree that class one should be it's own race. I'm seeing a big difference I'n racers budgets, and seriousness I'n class 1. Possibly have a separate class for pro's with 1 hr run time. And an ameteur class with very specific rules for engine and suspension mods.

I know a lot of utv guys are happy to have a place to race, and it's good to see that worcs recognizes that some changes are needed. Practice before our race to dial I'n our rigs is most needed. What about a Saturday morning practice 2 laps? Personally I would love to run sat to qualify for a race Sunday also.

karter44

2013 WORCS 850 CHAMPION
May 9, 2010
Just remember that the numbers that they are getting in the UTV class is directly related to the rules. If you change too much you might loss some people. And yes I do worry about safety racing. JMHO!

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
i think window nets, single layer fire suit,neck roll should be mandatory. i think there should be class 1, 2, and 3 with a 45 minute race and no parade lap and a seperate pro class which should be a hour long with a parade lap and a gate start with only 15 pros or as many as they can fit . none of the amatuer quads get a parade lap and in order to run pro am you have to do good in the expert class.pro is pro and not anybody should be allowed to run it.

450grl

Mar 15, 2009
All of the quad racers get to see the track before they race - that is the "Unlimited" race on Saturday morning. They are considering a parade lap for the UTV's because they won't be doing the "Unlimited" race, and therefore you will have a bunch of UTV racers hitting the track without having even seen it. I wouldn't want to race on track I hadn't even been on yet, so I think the parade lap for ALL UTV classes is a good idea.

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
actually all the quads in the unlimited race pay to run that,its a race that people enter to use as a practice. in score,bitd,lake elsiore and adelanto gp and many simliar races there is no such thing as a parade lap. worcs has been running utvs since 06 and they had never had a parade lap.

hotrod44d

Apr 10, 2011
idaho
Parade lap would be great, i watched Ryan's video on board at the last worcs race and saw a car make wrong turn, it happens, i realize, i did it at Washougal twice... but I'm just greatfull that there is a series that the entry level racer can compete. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000