WORCS #3 Lake Havasu, AZ March 16-17

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
number plates in the back is kind of normal for worcs or any 4 wheel machine mx/grand prix/ desert race. im with seaver on this, i think people need to read the rules before they come out.number plates, tear downs and saftey is kind of a standard for any kind of racing.it exist in all rule books.

rockstarcustomz

RoCkStAr CuStOm MoToRsPoRtS - UTVUnderground Appro
Sep 16, 2009
Lake Havasu City, AZ
We will be here to cheer you all on. Not racing because the Mint is the next weekend. Good luck to everyone! Joey and Rusty, you should come by our shop at the house. Did you find a place to rent yet? My Mother in Law is a property manager and can maybe help you. Let me know! See you next month...

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
I am not going to call anyone out by name, but there were cars with no rear number plate that I could find, There were multipale cars that had nets zip tied on where it makes them unable to enter or exit from the drivers side, There were cars with screen door material duck taped on, there were cars with no roofs, IMO some one is going to get hurt with these half assed rules being followed. I understand people dont want to sand there powdercoat off but come on people. If you roll your car, it catches on fire, and you cant get out because you have a permanate fixed net do you think WORC's is going to continue to operate???? I doubt it. EVERYONE had the same amount of time to prep their car to race. Some got the job done right....most appeared to half ass it.:confused:

lmcarraher

White Knuckled - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 19, 2011
apple valley ca. 92307
THE ONLY THING I WAS LACKING WAS A REAR # PLATE SO I MADE ONE BEFORE THE RACE , I WILL HAVE A REAL ONE FOR HAVASU.
I HOPE THEY GET MORE FLAG MEN OUT ON THE TRACK MY FAMILY IS WILLING TO HELP OUT IN ANY WAY WE CAN ,

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
you are right jim,some of those cars should of not been out there.i dont know if they were giving a first time pass or what but sean did have a meeting in adelanto about the changes to the rules and he did have them posted in his website. maybe some one needs to step up as a vender to sell some of these saftey products at the track. i know the isa guys were not present this round due to king of the hammers (even though they could have made it) but maybe someone needs to commit to helping worcs with the tech, or at least train the guys at triumph to know what to look for. Anthony and his crew have been teching the quads and have done a outstanding job at it but when it comes to the utvs they could use a helping hand.one bad accident could ruin the fun for all of us.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
Ya same as larry, i was missing the rear plate but had the numbers. Some duct tape and i was ready to go.

I hope they are not squeezing entrants by because they want the crowd....

I am also very curious to know how they passed. I took 5 trips to tech because 1, no transponder, 2. No rear plate 3. Left my fire suit at the truck 4. Left my helmet at the truck 5. Finally got approved

So how did some get away :mad:

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield
you are right jim,some of those cars should of not been out there.i dont know if they were giving a first time pass or what but sean did have a meeting in adelanto about the changes to the rules and he did have them posted in his website. maybe some one needs to step up as a vender to sell some of these saftey products at the track. i know the isa guys were not present this round due to king of the hammers (even though they could have made it) but maybe someone needs to commit to helping worcs with the tech, or at least train the guys at triumph to know what to look for. Anthony and his crew have been teching the quads and have done a outstanding job at it but when it comes to the utvs they could use a helping hand.one bad accident could ruin the fun for all of us.
Your right, I am sure WORC's needs help, Personally I think alot of it is all about who ya know or how popular you are. I personally seen the rear # plate rule enforced on no namer's but not enforced on big names. Widnow nets are kind of hard to have trackside. All the ones we built for worcs cars were using a generic mount kit and then a custom net. Kartec has generic kits that can be sold trackside but then you would also need a welder present to do the install.

SXSPerformance.com

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Nov 10, 2011
Ontario, CA
We were at glen helen (round 1) on vendor row with window net kits available for purchase.

We can even ship them to you ahead of time if you like.

One thing to remember is the way WORCS rules are written every team gets a provisional if they didn't meet a tech requirement at a race. I don't remember nets being an issue at the first round and we were out at the hammers for the second round so I have to assume that it must have been new racers with net issues and they used their provisional so they could compete in this round.

speedracer

Feb 20, 2010
window nets are usually always a custom thing,they have to be when you have a custom cage or aftermarket cage. any new racers out there need to be aware of this,its not something you can get in a day or two. maybe hand restaints for first timers who are trying to get into the sport if they are not able to get window nets for thier first race? i am always up for helping to try to get the sport to grow so if anyone needs sometihing at the worcs race let me know i am running the whole series!

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Alright, We got a separate time slot for class one. Payback $$ option starts this round. Plus UTV vendors set up for free at Havasu. Any new teams joining this round? You guys think we will have over 35 cars n class 1 again?

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Question for you racers. I'm building my rzr s right now to race in the worcs series. I was wondering where I can bring it to have the cage approved. Or do I just have to show up to a race with the car? I've got it as close to the ISA rules as I understand them. I just want to make sure its right. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Ryan

MAGNUM OFFROAD

Official UTVUnderground Sponsor & Founder
Question for you racers. I'm building my rzr s right now to race in the worcs series. I was wondering where I can bring it to have the cage approved. Or do I just have to show up to a race with the car? I've got it as close to the ISA rules as I understand them. I just want to make sure its right. Any suggestions would be awesome.

Ryan
Post some pictures Ryan and I'm sure we can get you going in the right direction.

VBosch02

Dec 3, 2010
Bellflower, Ca
Plate work on dash where cage mounts.

Second view of plate work

Third view of plate and cage mounted

Back half

Solid doors and cage 90% done.

95% done

Where do I need to gusset the cage? The bumper is being built and the roof is done. Thanks for the help.

El Kido

Aug 29, 2011
Corona, CA
According to the worcs rules on their site you are fine. Stock cages that connect to the rear bumper are recommended to gusset the cage. Yours looks pretty built.

Just ask yourself, do you feel safe rolling in this? If so your good to go see you at havasu!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000