XTZ 1000 Build: Permission to Launch

Hapa

Ricky Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Oc
www.glamisdunesstorage.com
Sorry guys i have not been here to update, Ok I will be running these rims with 9 paddles and buffs up front. These are 8 inch wide front and back so it will look beefy I am sure. It was the price that did it for this choice as much as anything.

My cat is running now, The pro Shop is doing the head gasket and some other maintenance. John will also be installing a fuel controller.

The end of the month it goes in for LT, And i just penciled a deal with a vendor to do the doors, cage, roof, seat drop, seats, belts, bed delete, and a bunch of other stuff he wants to do. again the price was right so i told him what ever he wants to do.

So in less than 2 months i should have new build completed on the AC and i will have my wifes Rhino Hapa totally rebuilt. Full custom paint, HCR spindles, gear one rack, pro shop 686, Ron woods of course. Thinking about powder coating the new frame:cool: I am more excited about the Rhino than the Cat right now? WTF I know I don't get it either just being honest. I love that Rhino!

Actually trying to finish both builds at the same time! High likely hood right now I will be rocking two brand new show UTV's that will out perform most out there. I will be cruising the dunes with two middle fingers straight up!

waytay

Get Outta MY Waytay - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
with fingers straight up huh?? my douglas are 8 wide on the teryx!

cool wife will be happy!

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Sweet. But uh oh.... Headgasket on the AC already? Why?
There have been a couple of cats that have overheated when ridden hard in the dunes. Mine was one of them, I was running lien and made it hot with my exhaust and intake. So we are adding the fuel controller and doing a head gasket and some other maintence just to be safe. long story

Mopar

Addicted - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bako So Cal
There have been a couple of cats that have overheated when ridden hard in the dunes. Mine was one of them, I was running lien and made it hot with my exhaust and intake. So we are adding the fuel controller and doing a head gasket and some other maintence just to be safe. long story
Hapa rhino never overheated..... :(

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Hapa rhino never overheated..... :(
Not ever!!!! DOnt think I havent been thinking about that!

Well I have good nes also, I quit my job Monday so I went a spent some money.

I ordered up some parts today. I ordered a a couple of the baddest ass lights from Taylor from Rigid. I got a 40" "E" Series High Intensity L.E.D. Light Bar and a 10" for the front bumper, this one will be amber for dusty nights. This isn't out yet so keep my secret lol I think i get the one off his jeep;)

Taylor is really cool and easy to get solutions from. i told him what I needed and he set me up!

http://www.rigidindustries.com/default.asp

I also called Nick at UTVCRAP an ordered the alternators for my Cat and my Rhino. I also ordered the rest of the baling billet stuff for the cat. If things go well i will drop it off for long travel end of the month. I guess i can take my time a little on this thing. I will have all summer to work on it.

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
that sucks-
well lets hope it isnt that bad-
thats why I wondering about the fuel controler because i knew the intake and exhaust was going to make it way lean.
I thought you said that it was the right AFR???

max powers

Head Ninja In Charge - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
that sucks-
well lets hope it isnt that bad-
thats why I wondering about the fuel controler because i knew the intake and exhaust was going to make it way lean.
I thought you said that it was the right AFR???
Guess you missed the post where I told you, you were right about it not adjusting for the add-ons?? If you had seen it, we would see your head swell up a little more.:D

KJSmith84

Banned Por Vida
Jan 15, 2009
somewhere up my own ...
Guess you missed the post where I told you, you were right about it not adjusting for the add-ons?? If you had seen it, we would see your head swell up a little more.:D
i saw that post. i didnt know that it messed with the engine that bad- I just that it wasnt running right????
Im not trying to say I told you so. thats not my style. thats sucks about the motor.
I was told time and time again that the afr was good. I was just trying to help not to be right about it.
that is why I was asking about it.

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
It really ran right all the way through on Flat ground. I could go up to 65 plus real easy. But as soon as I put a big load on it like Olds and held it wide open for 15 seconds it would lien out and loose power. I think this is what John and Ron expected. they seemed really surprised when it ran right the first few tests.

Hapa

Jan 15, 2009
Oc
Well I guess i will post an update, Good bad or ugly i will let you guys know what is going on.

We don't have all the specs we need to map the fuel controller. We will have it soon, we also will have dyno tires soon. that will help to get a good couple of runs that we need.

We tried to estimate a richer setup. and it ran good, just not as good as it should.

So I am going back to stock and make sure the engine is running good. We will get the info we need and dial it in.

I have the lights, radios, rims and tires, bling billet everything. The cage and doors will be on in April as well as long travel at least started.

I have two full builds going on right now, They will be done about the same time, Both rides will have the best parts i can find so the thing I am really looking to find out is. Which ride will I like to drive the most?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000