2012 King Of The Hammers UTV Race Announced!

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
My only other concern with multiple classes is having much slower/less experienced racers on the course getting stuck or broke, and corking up the race course. Perhaps the starting order should be decided by this years finishing order, and/or class speed?

I spoke with Dave Cole yesterday and he was pretty sure the starting order would be a draw from a hat.

Wasnt this years starting order based on entree date?

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
Total speculation on my part, but I would guess starting order would be Unlimited, Production 1000, Production 850, Production 700, and Stock last. More of a benefit to enter Unlimited if you are going for the over all. I am kicking around taking a bone stock Teryx out there and kicking ass on the Mystery Apex earth pounder.:D A fast winch and a Teenager is all I need.

Might cut into my plans so I am just joking.;)

Mike L

Kawasaki Kult Grand Wizard - We HATE Dem Bears
Feb 11, 2009
Riverside, CA
www.lashermotorsports.com
last years race was based on entry form date. This years race will not be that way. We will have a draw for starting positions that will be hosted at a place to be determined prior to the event. We are still working to finalize start order and class order details. So don't get upset yet we will have more info soon just trying to finalize a couple of details... Unfortinatly the emails and phone calls from the ISA rules discussion in another thread has taken up a huge amount of my time this week.

Due to the schedule of events there is no way to do a qualifying lap for the UTV race. This is something that I would like to explore in the future though.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
Elvis does not discriminate, it will eat up any class. We saw 3 capable race rigs stuck there for hours while 2 days before a girl when down in a family wagon Rhino. There is no logic at KOH.

OFFROADSWAPMEET

Aug 5, 2009
TEMECULA
Do they run TRANSPONDERS at this race? If so it shouldn't matter where you start right? Slower cars in the back of course.

If they have classes this would qualify my car for the KOH race,not saying Im going to race.

Crowdog

UTVGuide.Net
Jan 18, 2009
Shingle Springs, CA
www.UTVGuide.net
In my opinion, having this many classes for the race is ridiculous! :eek:

Unlimited, Production 1000, Production 850, Production 700, and Stock.

There are just not enough racers to justify filling out that many classes.

Start order should just be a draw.

crdesigns

Aug 18, 2010
Jeff there is no way i'm kissing Mikes ass........................ And i think we should have a pro and novice class for each one of the classes so then we can actually have 10 classes. That sound awesome then if you finish first you might get half of your gas used during the race paid for.

Jeff Knoll

Carrera Performance
Oct 20, 2010
www.isxsa.com
Jeff there is no way i'm kissing Mikes ass........................ And i think we should have a pro and novice class for each one of the classes so then we can actually have 10 classes. That sound awesome then if you finish first you might get half of your gas used during the race paid for.
Dude I am holding out for the KOH cross country running race, there are so many races this year lets add a few more!:D Who ever survives wins!:p

We could hold it on Feb 1st, I think they have a spot open. LOL Sorry its the Nyquil kicking in.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Anybody who wants to race this race should do it regardless of number of classes or which class you would be in.
Dont worry about the other racers or some crazy 200hp 25inch travel UTV that everyone has thought about and no one has built.
If you really want to race you will have a blast and learn a lot!Any trophy or prize is iceing on the cake.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
I'm coming for the shine! That apple pie had me on another level Thursday night!

Is Reid reserving the Underground spot again Joey? That had to be the best camp site in the valley......

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000