LOORS regional shoot out, Vegas

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Lucas oil regional shoot out presented by Loan mart. Las Vegas November 9-10.

After talking with Lee from Lucas oil and 2 others that have built bolt on XP cars that are currently racing LOORS regionals I decided to add to my current Holz WORCS car. Just got it back after adding side impact protection, Nerf bars, dash n debris bars n rear down bars. Pretty excited to run a short course race. A few other WORCS guys are adding to their cars so they can run. If your interested in racing feel free to ask about cage requirements. Lee has not had time to make a new rule book for this class. But the side impact protection is no secret. There are cages you can look at and copy. They are expecting around 200 entries for the race weekend. Should be fun. Weekend schedule coming soon. Practice will be Friday.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Todd we have to get lee on board. So many of us are wanting to move forward but are on hold until we get some answers. With lee not getting back to us is really hurting the possibilities of next season. There is more than 10 of us that just want rules. Xp class? Stock or open motors or both. Safety requirements per existing ? Fuel cell or nerf bars ? Start with the basics. Thanks todd

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
No good excuse other than too much going on running two series. I know people are waiting on info but here is a link to the rules below. Most of this applies to the Polaris XP but there needs to be some work done to customize it to that vehicle. The cage, gussets, tube size, door bars, window nets are the big concern. I don't think I have seen a car yet from the other series that has all this correct. It is only a little fab work though to upgrade the door bars etc. The stock little cage bracket extension in the dash cage area needs to be removed and run the tube/cage to the chassis. Rounded end bumpers (if you have one) so no one gets a bumper tube stuck in the side or cars get stuck together. The window net requires a seat belt style latch with a velcro tab to keep it latched.
The numbers are 700-799 and pay attention to size and placement, colors etc.. There is hand scoring done each lap to back up the electronic system so they have to be to the rules.
The stock gas tank is ok for now. We had the current teams put a 1/4" piece of aluminum on the side to protect the gas tank from side impact.
Read all driver safety gear info also. Head and neck restrainst will be mandatory in 2013 and the approved ones are in the rules as well.
There are many that want it to be stock engines. We will have to score the modifieds engines separately if any show up.
http://www.lucasoilregional.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/2012RegionalRules.pdf
My e mail is [email protected] or 951 233 2088
Thanks, Lee

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Thank you Lee for chiming in. Good to hear. I know alot of us are wanting to move forward or are on the fence. Looks like this is all very do-able. Do we contact Loors to get a number asssignment ? Thanks again lee

Perfect Race

Feb 9, 2011
Yes shoot me an e mail and we will get you dialed in on a number. If you have a preference let me know in the 700-799 range.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
FYI I just got off the phone and Lee was very helpful in getting me the info i needed for next season.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Lee!, thanks for getting on here to clear some things up. I'd like to reserve #712. Score for me I already run a 700 number :).

I hope we can come to an agreement on Nerf bars or plate over stock tank and never have to go to a cell. That's one of the big steps many of us are trying to avoid. I'm adding 1" steel nerfs to help with side impact protection. The plate will not be simple to install in these cars. A good set of nerfs will act the same IMHO and serve double duty with our open wheel style cars
I will be working on window net latch....

Wyatt

Jan 17, 2011
I hope the cage that is being built for us now will be ok because we are currently making plans to run this series next year.
We will be in vegas on the 10th to watch the race

I would like to reserve 755 if its avail.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
EMail your number tim. In talking with lee he is all for the nerf bars and a 1/4 inch plate in the tank area. Window net latches and not havong that stupid front factory cage mount

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
I'm hoping for a good set of nerfs with no plate? Fitting a plate in there without taking a chainsaw to the car looks like a bi@ch.

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA
Lee, The make or break for XP UTV IMO will be the gas tank. The WORCS and non WORCS racers will come as long as they can keep the stock tank in the stock location, extra protection along with radios, spotters, & HANS they will do, mandate fuel cells and you'll lose a good piece of that crowd. Again that’s just my opinion but after racing WORCS for the last year and talking to a lot of these guys I’ll bet I’m pretty close.

UTV racers, while I have not read the rule book (is there a rule book for XP UTV?) let the lessons of past build your future. What killed the Unlimited UTV will kill this class if you’re not careful, built engines.

The expense of Unlimited UTV engine programs of the past could rival most ProLite engine programs of today. Keep that in mind when you start experiment in the gray area of looking for horse power. This is a sportsman/bolt-on class, treat it as such. If you need to start throwing cubic dollars at your motor then maybe you should consider the ultra competitive SR1 class.

My .02 FWIW.

I’m glad to see the Regional Series growing, reminds me of the good old days at M4SX.

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009
All good points, Doug!! :)

AZ racers, Tim Jones is also looking to grow his field of Stock UTV racers in the Arizona Regional races as well.....I have heard rumblings that there are a number of XP racers who would like to try their hand at this short-course stuff, and I know Tim is looking to keep the costs down for you guys as well. I would imagine that the stock UTV rules will be the same across the board for all regional races (CA, AZ, etc)....and these guys know that keeping costs down is a big deal for stock racers.

So...if you have an interest, let your regional race directors know and ask them what you need to do to come out and race! The more the merrier! :)

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA
Great thread, looks like it is getting allot of good comments, suggestions and ideas. My .02 on the fuel system for the XP class is leave it stock. Build outer protection with Nerf bars, doors, plates, etc.

The Trophy Karts / Stadium Karts all run a type of plastic fuel tank/cell with no secondary containment. I believe, (and I'm sure I will be corrected if wrong) the stock take is made out of a similar material as the plastic fuel cells the Karts use.

I also support the idea of STOCK engines.

Thanks again to Lucas, Lee, Ken and gang for providing such a great venue for the racers, vendors and fans.

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
According to lee either a 1/4 plate or a set of nerf bars are required to protect the tank. Im with the others this should be a stock motor only class. If they want to run a unlimited too so be it. I have been in touch with quite a few fellow racers and we all look forward to this series. No send me some pointers doug!!!

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Doug, all great points! Spot on. I'm totally on board with requiring nerfs,... so happy to hear the support for the stock engines.
Ecu, exhaust, clutch work, air filter.... Nothing internal. All OEM. No porting. This stock engine rule will make it easier to police: if you get torn down and something inside is aftermarket= dq. Done.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Plus, it's so much easier for newbies to get involved. Buy an XP. Buy a bolt on LOORS legal cage, add favorite tires n safety gear and race on a LOORS track.

Wyatt

Jan 17, 2011
I really like the stock motor too. Keep the cost down and the winnings up. :D
Looking forward to this series

Dirty

DIRTY iPhone Photog / Lucas Oil - UTVUnderground A
Feb 27, 2009
Murrieta CA
UTV Racers. Please read.

QUOTE Jones23: Select Glass from AZ will have the giant pistol smoker on hand Friday with Carne Asada and chicken free to all 100% donated by Brad at Select Glass! Maybe some potluck sides and deserts would be cool.

http://selectglass.com/

Details: Regional Shoot Out BBQ and Potluck presented by Select Glass.

Carne Asada and Pollo Asada, Tortillas for all SoCal, Utah and Arizona regional racers and family members in Las Vegas Friday night Nov 9th.

Times: TBD

Cost: Free

Needs: All racers to pitch in for potluck if possible. Not mandatory.

Potluck needs:

coolers with beverages of choice.

Dessert - pies, cakes, cupcakes & cookies.

Plates, red cups and napkins.

Chips and salsa.

(And your world famous homemade ?x?x?)

Anything else you can think of?

Thank you to Tim Jones and Brad @ Select Glass for making this BBQ happen for the racers.

Please add a comment on this thread if you can donate to the potluck or Email Tim Jones [email protected] what you can bring. Thanks again.

Seaver

Jul 13, 2010
Boise ID
Getting my window net converted over to latch style this weekend. Also working on getting the correct background n # combo color on the car. Just got a brand new helmet in the mail. Pretty excited about trying the full face. Plus it's wired for radios. Hoping to pick up some driving shoes and good gloves from vendor row at the fire bird LOORS race in two weeks also.
Rappy, update on your progress? What about Nick?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000