V2R 2011 Thread....

PeteN

Mar 9, 2010
riverside
Hey Joey, I know your going to the race, are you going to do live updates like you did for the Silver State race? Sorry If this has already been asked and answered. Oh, and do you know if race desert is going to cover the race live at all. thanks for the info.

baja lover

Jun 7, 2011
Fremont, Ca.
Going to be in Reno visiting family and want to go to Dayton to watch the finish. Any idea when the UTV's will be hitting the finish line? And is it worth watching from the finish line or should we try to get out on the course to see you guys at speed. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated. My first real off road racce. :D
Pulling for the Commanders but also want to see the trophy trucks do their thing.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
This race is NEXT week right?:D

Mike

BTW, you see nothing at the finish line...the finish line is WAY before the mesa where interviews take place. .02

tech3sandcars

Tech3 Sandcars
Mar 10, 2009
Oregon
www.tech3sandcars.com
Last year first UTV was across the line I think at 8:30pm or so, we crossed at 10:30 and then a few straggled last into the night. If I remember right only 4 or 5 finished the race and we were all hours apart. This race is a little longer but the rigs are a little faster now too. I would suspect a perfect race could put the winner across the line no sooner than 7:30 to 8:00pm.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Last year first UTV was across the line I think at 8:30pm or so, we crossed at 10:30 and then a few straggled last into the night. If I remember right only 4 or 5 finished the race and we were all hours apart. This race is a little longer but the rigs are a little faster now too. I would suspect a perfect race could put the winner across the line no sooner than 7:30 to 8:00pm.
Exactly, we crossed just after sunset the last couple years. We're really hoping (as everyone is I'm sure) to NOT have to mount lights this year!:D

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
white or blue if ya got em joey need them for the new whip
I should have the og red and black as well as some blue and white...

Yes We will need some sticks to represent Joey!!:D
No doubt! I got you covered!

Hey Joey, I know your going to the race, are you going to do live updates like you did for the Silver State race? Sorry If this has already been asked and answered. Oh, and do you know if race desert is going to cover the race live at all. thanks for the info.
YES AND YES! Both UTVUnderground and Race-Dezert.com are traveling together and will be doing live updates. I was going to be heading strait to the finish line and posting tracking updates from the IRC trailer with Klaus (owner of RDC). Now it looks like I will be in the trucks with MAD MEDIA chasing the race. We will be mainly chasing Trophy Trucks and Class 1500's but with that means we will be crossing UTV's!!! As service permits I will be loading images on the road between stops and pits just as I did at Silver State. I will make a more formal post surrounding this. I leave for Vegas tonight. I will be watching qualifying tomorrow and going to the FAST-Aid Party at Hussong's wed night! See you all at Tech!!

I need some green and yellow sticks for the Deere.
I laced up the Deere at Silver State so it should be good but if you guys need more I should have some green sticks left. round one's that is.

baja lover

Jun 7, 2011
Fremont, Ca.
So any thoughts on where to view the race around the finish area or within a few miles???
Newbie to this race and don't have a clue.
Thanks for the response on when you guys might be hitting the finish line.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Unless they have a designated area it might be hard to find a place to watch from.Unless your pitting for some one they might not let you near the track.

tatum

Hans Solo - 2009 UTV Baja 500 & 1000 Winner - UTVU
Feb 10, 2009
arizona
Check out the Vegas to Reno live coverage updates thread and it says you can spectate from the pits.

baja lover

Jun 7, 2011
Fremont, Ca.
Thanks Tatum. They are allowing spectators at the pits. Guess I know where I need to be.
Good luck to all the racers, especially all the UTV drivers and crews!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000