Desert Toyz Racing Commander build

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
Desert Toyz Sappington Racing Commander 1000 build starts today. Only 19 days till the Best In The Desert series, Parker 250. Like Smokey and the Bandit said, I got a long ways to go and a short time to get there!
I will post am and pm pics each day as my build progresses. I will be doing all the design and fabrication and my crew will assist with disassembly and assembly. My team will be racing the Best In The Desert Series, Baja 500 and Baja 1000 and will be on display at all the Lucas Oil Off Road races at the Maxxis Tires semi. I also still have my old race <ACRONYM title="Utility Terrain Vehicle">UTV</ACRONYM> for sale, own a piece of <ACRONYM title="Utility Terrain Vehicle">UTV</ACRONYM> race history for $16500.00 race ready.
Thank you to my current sponsors for their continued support; Maxxis tires, <ACRONYM title="Utility Terrain Vehicle">UTV</ACRONYM> Off Road Magazine, OMF Wheels, Elka Suspension, PCI Radios, Lucas Oil, Web Cam and Can-Am. I am still looking for a title sponsor

Day 1 am pic Crew ready to start.

Last edited:

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
I have lots of brand new stock parts for sale, just about everything that has been removed is for sale. Disassemble is not too bad, the pop rivets are a bit of a hassle. Ca-Am sure did a great job designing the Commander.

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009
Good luck with the build Cory! Are you making your own suspension, or keeping it stock??

cuflipn

KawiCrawler - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 16, 2010
St George UT
This will be a good build... isn't this the first Commander build??

Subscribed!! Good Luck with everything!!

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 2

Christmas elfs must of come in the shop last night. I woke up and the front plastics were removed.

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Finished the disassembly at 10 pm. The frame goes to The Stripping Shop for sand blasting at 7 am. I will have it back at noon and the fabrication fun begins.

mosslager

STEEEEEEEEKERZ - UTVUnderground Approved
Nov 4, 2009
Thats the first Commander i have seen stripped to the frame so far. That would make me nervous as hell... I'd never get it back together.

Ali Baba

Sep 13, 2010
You haven't even taken it out and it's all ready in pieces.... Lol! I hope you took lots of pictures on how to put it all back together. :D Good luck with the build. I'll be looking back to see how it progresses.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

rupert14

Raber Racing - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 14, 2010
Great build thread. I am excited to see how the lines end up with the roll cage mounting forward of the dash through the fender. I think it allows a great rake on the windshield making them look mean. How long will the build take? When do you plan to have it race ready?

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009
Thats the first Commander i have seen stripped to the frame so far. That would make me nervous as hell... I'd never get it back together.
You and I both brotha! :eek:

Now I am really excited to see the fabrication on the cage and how its gonna look!

Big Guy

Havasu Racer
Jun 16, 2009
lake havasu city
He has 17 days to get it done he is shooting for the Parker 250
Great build thread. I am excited to see how the lines end up with the roll cage mounting forward of the dash through the fender. I think it allows a great rake on the windshield making them look mean. How long will the build take? When do you plan to have it race ready?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000