Desert Toyz Racing Commander build

Desert Toyz Cory S

DeSeRt ToYz RhInO - UTVUnderground Approved
Aug 23, 2009
Wow The Stripping Shop has the fastest strippers in the west
I dropped the frame off at 7am and it was ready at 10am. Not much progerss today. Went to Advanced Metals to get chromemoly tubing and finish a few customer projects. I will be back hard at it late tonight after the family goes to sleep. Headed out to do some Christmas shopping with the family. I will post am pic to show my late night progress. Any one want to join me after 11:30pm tonight to keep me company?
PS Check out the Ford web site to see me racing in Baja 1000 in the Ford Eco Boost Truck, look under Tourture Test.

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Man I wish you didnt live so far Cory! I'd love to come over and lend a hand! I'll make it a point after new years!

howyadoin

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Aug 24, 2010
Hell, AZ
Dammit Cory, you'd be further along if you didn't take a time-out to eat some of Pistol's shrimp tacos...good stuff btw.:D Anyway, good luck on the build!

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 5

It has been just about a year since I built a racing <ACRONYM title="Utility Terrain Vehicle">UTV</ACRONYM>, so I thought I should build a 10ft swing set for my kids as a warm up project.
As for the Commander I have been welding all the places on the frame that the robots are not programed to weld. This frame is plenty strong, but for desert racing I like to fully weld the stock frames. Merry Christmas

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 7

Paging doctor hack-n-slash. This morning I have been cutting, grinding and preping the frame. Its getting lighter!

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 8

Finished welding the stock frame. Started adding plate to box in the stock formed pieces. Added matieral to the front lower a-arm mounts for strength.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Good start for sure! I sure don't want to be a nay sayer but have you prepped the rhino?..... You know? just in case.

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 10

Day 9 I was in Tucson AZ enjoying my 2nd Christmas with my wifes family. Day 10 I feel like I made some good progress. I got the seat mounting position figured out. I lowered the seats 4" an made the lower outter tubes 4" wider.

Got to go to dinner will post he rest of the pics when I get back . Stay tuned

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
I see a Budweiser in the foreground...:D

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 10

Got the lower rails figured out, decided to go 4" wider on each side.

Decided to do a little more cutting.

Desert Toyz Cory S

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Desert Toyz Racing Commander build day 9-10

Pulled an all nighter! Made some good progress. Got a little crazy with the sawzall again. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000