UTVUnderground & Polaris Partner w/ Cognito Motosports / R3Motorsports -WORCS-RZR570

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com
UTVUnderground & Polaris Partner w/ Cognito Motosports / R3Motorsports -WORCS-RZR570

UTVUnderground.com along with Polaris Industries & Cognito Motorsports, are pleased to announce that we will be fielding our very own 2012 Polaris RZR 570 in the Production 700 class (former Class 3) at WORCS for the 2012 Season. We are also pleased to announce that we have worked a deal to bring on R3Motorsports & their young yet experienced UTV driver, Cody "Code" Rahders as the official driver for this season.

UTVUnderground has had this idea since the inception of the Polaris RZR 570 and after having had the chance to drive and test the unit late in 2011 (read about it here: http://www.utvunderground.com/f38/2012-polaris-rzr-570-review-trip-report-7795.html). With Polaris's support, UTVUnderground will turn its RZR 570 unit over to Justin Lambert and his team at Cognito Motosports to transform the new Polaris platform into a competitive and yet affordable Production 700 racer. The idea is to make the car safe for competition while not taking away from any of the RZR 570's natural characteristics.

Combine the RZR 570's light and nimble chassis, its small yet powerful ProStar 570 engine (45hp stock), along with a successful and experienced UTV racer such as Cody Rahders and you have a team that is sure to shake up the Production 700 class.

The team looks to introduce the new Polaris RZR 570 Production 700 race UTV at Round 1 of WORCS at Glen Helen next weekend.

UTVUnderground has turned all operations of the race team over to Cognito Motorsports & R3Motorsports so that we (UTVUnderground.com) can do what we do best, which is to cover the races and support all of those who compete equally. We hope that our efforts in bringing a brand new platform into the fold in a class primarily dominated by Yamaha Rhino's will open up the idea to others that you do not need to start with an old UTV or a perceived "expensive" UTV to come out and race in the WORCS series. We hope that our efforts will be recognized purely as being a catalyst to helping continue the growth of our sport that we love so much. UTVUnderground has a long standing history with R3Motorsports and the Rahders family and know just how hard they have worked as a privateer race program. It is exciting for us to have them racing this new vehicle and it is exciting for us to have a company as qualified as Cognito Motorsports to take the program under their wings to build and support the RZR 570 for the season.

Last edited:

staggs

Feb 20, 2011
Re: UTVUnderground & Polaris Partner w/ Cognito Motosports / R3Motorsports -WORCS-RZR

Awsome!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010
Re: UTVUnderground & Polaris Partner w/ Cognito Motosports / R3Motorsports -WORCS-RZR

You rhino guys are in for a treat!!!

JoeyD23

#utvunderground
Jan 9, 2009
North County San Diego
www.utvunderground.com

Code Rahders has competed in every season of LOORRS in his Yamaha Rhino. He has reached the podium many times and is coveted as one of the fastest in the SR1 class.

BiggJim

I Hate Rules - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

WOW!!!! What a day! We have been working on preping some customers cars for the up and coming WORCS season and....then Justin Breaks the news to me this Morning about The Polaris/ UtvUnderground Partnership that was struck with Cognito Motorsports and R3 Motorsports!! I think I speak for everyone when I say we are Very Excited about this Car and Driver Combo we have lined up. Thank You Polaris and UTVunderground for making it happen!!! Without Joey in the deal we probably would have only talked about doing it!

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

I forgot to mention, after we picked this car up today...I took it for a spin!:D:D Let me tell you, This thing has some pep for a 570...dont let the displacement fool you!

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009

It's going to be huge Jim. Polaris championship in all 3 classes at WORCS. I am sure it's not going to be a walk in the park but Cognito and R3 can make it happen.

BiggJim

Jan 15, 2009
Bakersfield

It's going to be huge Jim. Polaris championship in all 3 classes at WORCS. I am sure it's not going to be a walk in the park but Cognito and R3 can make it happen.
From the races we did last year....nothing is a walk in the park...But I think we learned a thing or 2...and I KNOW Doug and Code is on their GAME! We are working on short notice tho. Between the TEAM I think we already have some things lined up!

rappy60guy

Jan 24, 2010

Congrats Team Cognito for the new addition. Thanks joey!!

dnf736

Retired - And Still UTVUNderground Approved!!!!
Jan 15, 2009
Alpine, CA

Yes what a week it has been, going from LOORRS dropping the UTV class at the Nationals to announcing the Polaris Industries/UTVunderground/Cognito Motorsports/R3motorsports RZR 570 Class 3 race team, wow.

Also, returning sponsors for the 2012 WORCS season are Superchips Performance Engine Tuners, K&N Performance Filters, and our good friends at Black Rhino Performance.

There is one other sponsor I need to talk to, if you know us then you know who I'm referring to and Id feel lost without them on our side.

So thank you to Joey D (your the man) Polaris Industries, and Justin & the guys at Cognito for keeping the dream alive. 2012 is going to be fun!

To be continued....

kennyo15

Paramount Motorsports / Black Rhino - UTVUndergrou
Aug 19, 2009
Alpine, CA

Congratulations Doug, Cody, Joey and all involved. It is great to see a deal like this come together for such good people that I care so much about. Black Rhino is 110% behind R3Motorsports in this exciting new 2012 season…. Now go kick some butt Cody :D

LSRGreg

#877 SR1 UTV - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 26, 2009

Awesome news! Kick some ass out there guys!
G-

450grl

The First Lady of SXS - UTVUnderground Approved
Mar 15, 2009

Congrats Doug and Code!!! Good things happen to good people - in this case, it's everyone involved!! :) You guys will do awesome!

RHINOdan

RHINOdonkey
Oct 11, 2009

Nice! Congrates to all the teams involved.
Looking foward to see how you guys do out at GH next weekend in the Production 700 class.
Good luck this season as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000