All UTV's race chassis kit? fab shops?

megadesertdiesel

Jan 25, 2009
Mesa, AZ
pic on the left FUNCO, pic on the right SDHQ????? I think the car ont he right is actually Code Rahders car now....What do I win?

x2, i remember that SDHQ build way back when. never seen a stripped down Funco but they are the only ones doing the rear down bars like that.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have a solid works model of a stock Rhino frame. I can email it to anyone that wants it. I used it for checking some diemnsions when we were designing our LT kit. [email protected]

freeridemxatv

paging dr. faggot
Sep 7, 2009
salt lake city, utah
oh im so torn! I guess ill just keep building my own and if i come across a full chassis for a good deal ill snag it. if you have one let me know. (would be great to find one thats half way done)

Thanks for all the help so far, keep the info coming!

Wild Earp

50Fifty Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
The one with the blue tubes is the one I did for my build. It was then built by Tim Berendes, of SDR Motorsports fame. That was the first 3d tubing drawing Ive ever done, and it wasnt solid works, but I cant remember what I used. Something free or a demo of something..

It came out pretty darn close to the original design.

07fj

Rainman - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 19, 2009
Tonopah, Az
the second pic is the Flyin Banana not sure of what number, but that car is proven to be a winner.
yup, that is it, that is the one I raced, or the one for Regis that never was put together. BTW, that dash is 6" lower than stock!!

There is a flying banana chassis for sale, I think Todd owns it out here in phoenix. Somewhere around 6500 and it comes with sheet metal... Was gonna be Regis Harringtons car?
I thought he ( Todd O.) put it together?????

Liability is the main reason, you do not see "race chassis" kits.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
I tried to race BOR last September but DNF due to a brutal roll prerunning. This is my opinion. I have been out doing GPS work with Dave (extera racer) for the 5 mile course and it sounds like Bor is going to stick to keeping the UTV races shorter. I think 5 mile will be the longest at 108 miles.

Build a strong Cage yourself. If you dont feel good about your welding have someone else weld it up for ya. Dave, Redd or even my Friend Andrew with Colliers Customs who welded my cage for me can help you out for a decent price. Trust me I know what it feels like to want a really good welder to do your race cage. I did all the bending etc.. tacked it up and took it over to Colliers Shop and had Andrew Burn it all together for me. Get or make some good skidplates this is what surprised me the most about desert is the need for good skide plates. Buy good seats, harness, window nets and other needed saftey gear and get out their and have fun.

Just take it easy prerunning mark your GPS good with cautions (this is where we messed up bad) and drive safe. BOR is about getting out and racing on a working mans budget you dont need to bring the best to the table right out of the gate. Just drive to what your machine can handle and it will get faster as time goes on and more money becomes avalible.

I dont know you but Im guessing we are in about the same boat. Im in my late 20's wife family house we want to race but can only do so much. These guys with BOR are all so nice if you need help laying out your cage ask. Redd and several others came over to me at the race to check out my cage and give me some pointers and what to fix.

I am by no means an expert fabricator but I have bent and welded alot of tube and I would be happy to help you out also where I can. I would love to see more UTV's out their. Email me if you need a hand. [email protected]

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
build your own! use good metal and make sure every notch you make fits tight and the welds penetrate, it will hold up for sure as long as you make sure everything its tits and nipples with it!!!

RRRHINO

RaRaRaRHINOOOOOOooooooo - UTVUnderground Approved
Feb 24, 2009
What type of racing are you thinking of doing? Check local rules because all you really need is 1.5 x .095 for most race series. .120 wall will make your car alot heavier (safer) but slower if you decide to race short course. My first car wieghed 1420 my newer car will be in the low 1000's.

deviant_illusion

go to the UTVUnderground where there is cool SHIAT
Feb 4, 2009
WVC, UT
.120 wall is heavy stuff. I would look into using .095 in alot of places. I build my last cage from 1.75" .095 mild tube. We rolled about as hard as I could see us rolling and while the cage did get bent up some we walked away with only harness burn on my friends neck and a small ok very small cut on my hand. I couldn't ask for a better outcome to a shitty day. Just remeber V's and X's are your friend.

facteryfmf

Looking For a Few Good Men - UTVUnderground Approv
Feb 8, 2009
Phoenix
Just the main hoops of the car must be 095 and also if you read the rules, youre SUPPOSED to build your car with a A hoop and a B hoop...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000