Frazier Park / Miller Jeep Trail Camp & Ride 6/15 -6/17

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
Don’t ask me why I know it’s a little deep in light of all the fun, but I’m feeling compelled to share my testimony with regard to John Berry I person I never knew but feel as I do, since he is at the top of the list and has been mentioned I will. For those that believe in Kindle Spirits read on….

I’ve been playing drums in bands all across So Cal and country as far back as I can remember, a good thirty years since I quit about five years ago, just got tired of it all sold everything. I feel I am of a select few called upon to play since an early age and there is no getting away from it.

I went to the Soboba ride where lots was dancing like I hope we do this weekend. Dan (aka: Rocketman) and Chris were playing acoustic guitars and inspired me, seeing how it appeared they could use a drummer. So the following week I walked into Guitar Center and the Djembe an African drum immediately caught my eye since it was small and would fit in my rig. Never played one and knew nothing about this drum. Little did I know at the time I’d be playing it with Dan & Chris at John’s memorial ride. So I decided to add a DJ and karaoke set up which I have today and continue my venture.

The Djembe an African drum I began to learn by joining forums and listening to African’s in Africa and abroad is a spiritual drum used in tribes or “drum circles†to dance to, relay signals, and communicate with each other and Gods. Lately, I learned that the particular drum I have has art work symbolic patterns of spiritual meaning on it. I too have since played in Latin drum circles here in So Cal and felt a kindled spiritual connection.

I’m not a religious person, but I am very spiritual and I believe John Berry is one reason I am playing again, so if you listen close to my drumming you may hear him in spirit. Thanks John you have made my life much happier.

If I remember correctly he had kids, so Happy Fathers Day and to the rest of the dads out there enjoy!

For John let’s all be safe and wear seat belts…..

See you all soon!

Terry

PS: Please let this post RIP for a little as last in memory of John Berry. :)
Cool Terry!! Channel the energy, and don't sell 'em next time.

Making music is a gift that we musicians all share to enrich others lives, as well as our own. It's cool to be able to see folks groove on what you're doing when you perform, albeit scary as hell sometimes, but rewarding none the less.

I wish we lived closer so we could practice, but I'm not one that can readily get up and turn on the performance. You've been doing this much longer, and professionally, which makes a ton of difference.

I hope you're jam goes great, and I hope after a few beers folks pick up the mics and have some fun!!! Music soothes the soul, and is good for us.

I'm sure John will groove to some of it too.

Dan ...

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
Thank you Dave for a awesome ride today. I would also like to thank everyone at the ride for such great hospitality. My family and I had a great time and look forward for the next ride. Thank you also to LA FAMILIA it was a blast and the dinner was great and again the hospitality was second to none.

Dunecrusher

Dunecrusher
May 14, 2012
Oak hills CA
Hi everyone just wanted thank everyone again for the great weekend and we look forward to the next time.
We would also like to see if anyone happened to pick up our two chairs that we left at the main fire. They are the kind with the side table. Both black. We totally spaced when we were packing up. Thanks again and until next time.

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
That was a great weekend with a great ride! Killer job Dave! Thinking about the group size we had pretty limited breakdowns and no drunk fights, thats awesome! Sorry I have no real pictures to share, I guess I was busy piloting the Short Bus Thanks to all of the La Familia vets for letting us join you on these rides, you guys are making the transition to our new home a lot easier, we really appreciate it. Great ride!!:D

Angie, Anabelle has taken to saying "Speedy!" very excitedly, I think you have a fan!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
That was a great weekend with a great ride! Killer job Dave! Thinking about the group size we had pretty limited breakdowns and no drunk fights, thats awesome! Sorry I have no real pictures to share, I guess I was busy piloting the Short Bus

Angie, Anabelle has taken to saying "Speedy!" very excitedly, I think you have a fan!

Yup thats for sure . :D

All kidding aside you and your family are great and thank you for sharing your family time with us .

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
Well what could be said other than I HAD A GREAT TIME.... Dave you out did yourself buddy.. great people and as always learned some new things... Looking forward to the next ride..

If anyone is every down for a weekend ride or even a day ride hit me up, im always down for ridding.

TNT

Banned Por Vida
Nov 23, 2011
So Cal
Hey Rich thanks for stopping and checking on us. Just pulled over to get some lunch and a power nap since I was dosing off at the wheel, then did a couple of 5 hr energy shooters. I was half asleep when I opened the door, thought you were a cop lol. :D

Ride and sun wore me out I'm beat! Great time, great Peeps!

TNT

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Hey Rich thanks for stopping and checking on us. Just pulled over to get some lunch and a power nap since I was dosing off at the wheel, then did a couple of 5 hr energy shooters. I was half asleep when I opened the door, thought you were a cop lol. :D

Ride and sun wore me out I'm beat! Great time, great Peeps!

TNT
La Familia .:)

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Well what could be said other than I HAD A GREAT TIME.... Dave you out did yourself buddy.. great people and as always learned some new things... Looking forward to the next ride..

If anyone is every down for a weekend ride or even a day ride hit me up, im always down for ridding.
It was nice meeting you Bart and thanks for the help with the short bus , also your dogs are so cool .

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
What a fantastic weekend!! Every one did a great job on the trail and with the potluck!! I can't thank you guys enough for making this so easy!! La Familia knows how to ride and camp!!
BIG thanks to Papa for sweeping and keeping us together
BIG thanks to Rich for helping out getting the group back down the Miller section (And for the "goodies" you brought for Stumpy)
BIG thanks to Angie and Jay for always hosting everyone around your rig and the awesome Margaritas
BIG thanks to Crazy Larry (Japinthebox) for getting me messed up with jello shots!!
AND to the whole group for just being so great to be around!!!

Hopefully I can get some pics up and Stumpy is working on a VERY interesting video.........Stay posted!!!

AND thanks for all the KIND words from everyone who came up for the ride!!

I LOVE U GUYS!! :):):):):)

GOVACHO

Nov 8, 2011
Riverssippi
I also need some one to get me in the right direction for a radio set up for the car also... I keep thinking to talk to someone that had one in there can and it just really never came up.. I just want 2 may 4 head sets and be able to talk to each other and other cars.. Thanks for any input..

speedyangie

The Need, The Need For SPEED.......UTVUndergroun d
Jul 31, 2011
Cali
Dave! We love you! Couldn't think of a better way to celebrate your birthday than riding and having fun together! Great job organizing and leading as always! I'd like to award you a lifetime supply of margarita credits. :D

p.s. I also love homemade radius rods!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000