JaggedX RZR XP900 BITD race car build thread...

NorCalRider

Jan 15, 2011
Northern California
So is that suspension system going to be made available to the public or is it a one off setup. Really is an amazing car and I am jealous to no end. Congrats on all the hard work, it really paid off.

jaggedx

Jagged X - Official UTVUnderground Sponsor
Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
So is that suspension system going to be made available to the public or is it a one off setup. Really is an amazing car and I am jealous to no end. Congrats on all the hard work, it really paid off.
We are finishing up R&D on our production kit now...will make announcement when it's available.;)

Brian B

Red Rotax - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 15, 2009
Holy crap that thing is incredible looking! Great work JX!

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Any feedback to the tire and wheel setup after the race?
Tough to say honestly, we definately had handling issues, but sway bar and no tuning probably had far more to do with it than tires. You could feel the weight, but it wasn't too substantial...it still ran great.

Rusty5150

UTVUG PHOTOG
Jan 9, 2009
I have always ran the 27" BFG's. I can tell you on my car they handle the bumps better. They seem to roll over things and my top end is improved. I love the new setup.

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
I have always ran the 27" BFG's. I can tell you on my car they handle the bumps better. They seem to roll over things and my top end is improved. I love the new setup.
Do you shave the sides like 1200 and 1600 cars do? Unshaven, they feel a little "catchy", but once again it may very well be because our sway bar is doing absolutely nothing (Jeep setup) and we had zero shock tuning.

ndboyd

Aug 26, 2010
Some people raise the bar, other people kick out the bar supports and build new, exponetially (a lot) higher supports and put the bar back on. You're in the latter group.
Well done!

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
That is a Way-Sick Build...Just wondering How Much does it cost to build something like that?

We have probably built more desert race utv's than any company that I know of and it is very difficult to put an exact number on a build. The biggest problem is that every customer wants something a little different. You can change the build cost by 10-20 thousand just based on things like aluminum work, paint and engine mods. You figure the cost of a new utv to start with. In this case a brand new 900 XP after that we could easily put together a list of hard parts with a specific cost. What you can not put a price on is the tons of hours playing with various different ideas to make everything fit the way you want it to. It would not be too difficult to duplicate this car exactly. I can come up with 25K worth of parts right off the top of my head before you even start building.Add in a few hundred hours of labor and you can see where it just adds up.

jaggedx

Jan 14, 2010
www.jaggedx.com
Hey Jagged I was cusious on what it came in weight wise?? Also awesome job, it looks top notch for sure.
A little heavier than we hoped but not bad considering the tire & wheel combo being quite a bit more. We are hovering around 1700 with spare & about 10 gal fuel.

Bajaxp

SXS Racer Extraordinaire - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 21, 2010
OC
Hi Mike...question: how big is your fuel cell?

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000