Veteran's weekend , Los Padres Adopt A Trail clean up

JAPINTHEBOX

Grabbin Fish Heads & Rice
Jun 19, 2012
NORTH HOLLYWOOD
I'm out till sunday day tripper , just to dam cold for me, the thought of people in there red thonges, chicken white legs with the turtle effect, mite burn or ruin my aging eyes. I'll call ranger station around 8 ,8:30 to see if there is any changes to weather report that rich posted. unloading trailer back to storage.
Bill are you still going up Sunday? Its windy and freezin up there!!!

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
All in all we had a great trip! We got a lot of clean up done, some good trail time and once again got to hang out with some great people. It was a little chilly for sure but we made the best of it. How many other groups can you go with that breaks three rides and still have a great time? I'll post up the pics I have shortly.

Larry, if those are the kind of people you have on your friends list you'll have a request from soon! hahahaha

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
What a great weekend with great folks!! Thanks to all who came out for your free labor, support and killer trail work!!
Big thanks to RICH for putting this together and planning out the work for the trail!!

I'm just gonna say it now, because I can't help myself......
Big Rock in the trail = 1
Rich's RZR = 0
He can fill you in on the details.

It was a bit cold and we got some white stuff..

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
This pic was taken about 5 minutes before Larry grenaded his gear selector mechanism!! Hey Larry, get a real rzr ;)

dunerat

Jun 16, 2012
Simi Valley, CA
It was a great time. We did do a lot of trail management and went on a fun ride. I do have a new respect for the Polaris ranger. Man that thing can tow anything from tree branches on the ground to a rzr. Chris you did a great job maneuverimg down the hill:D thank you rich for organizing this trip. I look forward to our next adventure

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
So I broke the exhaust header Saturday and Rich pulled me back to camp to avoid bending one or both exhaust valves. We made a big and successful effort to get the Short Bus back on the road for Sunday and boy am I glad we did. I'm not sure how we'd have gotten Rich's rod off Miller without it:)

Here we are freshly loaded up with our little experiment.

Success is ours, here we wait for the trailer at Miller Jeep trails staging area.

Thanks Dave and Scott for truckin' my ladies back to camp before it got cold and dark.

Dave's driving is so scary Big A went to sleep in self defense!

Jim and Mike ferried the trailer out with help from Grumpy and Larry. This is how it rode back to civilization and sits tonight until we can make proper repairs.

The kids all jumped in as needed, and they sure were, Mariah fed us when we got back and Sharon kept Big A out of the way and trouble (including helping her lick rocks I heard) while we were making ready. It took the whole group and everyone jumped right in there to help, even the teenager didn't complain:D:D

Last edited:

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
1. Broken exhaust header
2. Broken shift forks (or something in there)
3. Broken A arm.
Oddly they're all 2008 model year machines:confused: Maybe we can put them all together at somepoint:D

Wow, what a ride!

onerich

The Carpenter - UTVUnderground's La familia
Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
''Big thanks'' to every one that came out and bared the weather to help with the trail maintenance .Also a big thanks to Susan( SF Ranger ) for all your help with making this trip happen .

If you look closely at the sign you can see that Can am is going to be helping on this trial system looking forward to working with them down the road ''thanks '', also are donated Rugged hand held radio's kept every one in touch on the trail in car and out thanks again Rugged Radio's you guys ROC !!! Last but not least I would thank the ''Underground'' for giving us a home .

[/IMG]

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
IF YOU DIDN'T COME UP ON FRIDAY THIS IS WHAT YOU MISSED , it hit just before dark we were in the mid 20tys at night . Every one trailer s heaters were on trust me . :D

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

Slacker

La Familia
Apr 1, 2012
Bakersfield
And all of this cold weather drove the kids in to play games and try to lick their elbows haha This picture is called blackmail for the future hahahaha

onerich

Jan 29, 2011
Elmonte, SOCAL
Saturday we meet at the Ranger station to find out what things might be needed to be done on the trail and was informed that some of the signs could use a face lift (new stickers ) so we put that in on the to do list .Big or small we get it done . :D
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

[/IMG]
[/IMG]
[/IMG]

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
So,
Got some good video. I turned it over to Stumpwerks. Should be ready by end of the week ;)

So.....the Russian dude.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000