XP1K 2 AND 4 SEAT BLOWN BELT ISSUES.

BrianAshby1

SilverBulletXP4 Sucka!
Feb 22, 2009
Menifee, CA
My understanding is they used the same clutch as the 900, with added weight and power on the 1000 unit.

Could this be the issue? Does the new heavier unit with more power need a beefier clutch setup?

warlock

Wanna Go Fast? - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 23, 2009
az
The Extra Weight of passengers and car Weight being a 4 seater with the Added Hp over the 900 will make for a few more belt problems in the Sand. On trails or most Hardpack rides it wont Raise its Ugly head hardly as Much.
Just wait till Glamis gets some moisture in the sand and it gets heavy and churned up then you will see some Nasty belt problems with those Over Paddled Molded tires everyone runs. That Heavy wet sand is hard on stuff to. :cool:

LaDSM

Jul 15, 2012
I drove one of the Vendors XP1k Four seaters and I have been driving Polaris UTVs in the sand since 2006 and I broke the belt in 1 ride up Olds. There are pics floating around of me changing it on the face of Olds. There were a bunch of belts in the back seat and a craftsman ratchet in the glovebox. Its a known issue.

After giving it back I mobbed my JaggedX up and down 2x back to back and I am on my original belt still.

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
with all the HP, at what point do UTV's start coming with automatic trannies and paddle shifters? IDK, sounds like a cool idea....

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
with all the HP, at what point do UTV's start coming with automatic trannies and paddle shifters? IDK, sounds like a cool idea....
Next Summer (june) from a Little bird that flew by. Can Am is supposed to do it. Not Sure if I want something like that for duning though. Trails and desert would be cool but Shifting all the time in the sand is not a lot of fun and The Belt system cars will be smoother and faster , until they Blow a Belt. Hehe.:cool:

ROTAX

CannedHam - La Familia
Feb 21, 2011
Next Summer (june) from a Little bird that flew by. Can Am is supposed to do it. Not Sure if I want something like that for duning though. Trails and desert would be cool but Shifting all the time in the sand is not a lot of fun and The Belt system cars will be smoother and faster , until they Blow a Belt. Hehe.:cool:
aah! that would be cool

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Hey now Just Wait until Glamis gets some moisture in the Sand and That heavy Fluffy loamy sand that just Bogs shit Down hits us. Guys that have a big heavy multi paddle tire on there 4 seaters are going to absolutely smoke belts. Better plan on having a lot of belts on Hand. Crazy Kevin can probably retire on Belt sales this year. LOL HE BETTER STOCK UP....:D

skunx

OG SXS Racer - UTVUnderground Approved
Jan 30, 2009
california
www.imgms.com
if you guys don't like the stock belts give us a call at IMG Motorsports we sell Pro Armor 5 and 4 points and always have them in stock in our mini showroom.. as far as the clutch issues go good luck!

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Looks like the only inventory your trailer will need is XP1K belts! That makes business easy...:eek:
You just gave me great Idea that could work and have no employees. A Belt Vending Machine. LOL

TREE68

too tall for the rzr
Aug 15, 2011
so cal
I bet I can take a stock Xp1k and ride it in Lucerne Valley Johnson Valley all season and not break one belt. But it's hard packed dirt and my driving style.

rnjrzr

Nov 18, 2013
I agree with the Johnson Valley theory or any riding that is not in the dunes. It seems to me the problems are with machines that primarily run in the dunes and overheating the belt. Now it doesn't make it right though that this is happening to alot of people....Hopefully there is a definative answer and explanation before I take delivery of mine.

warlock

Jan 23, 2009
az
Most Machines will never have Belt Issues when simply running Easy on the Hard pack trails. But Hard Loaded Pulls like the dunes really put the Clutches and Belts to the test for sure. And if its not right it will show up fast. And the people that buy the XP1k 4 seaters and put 4 people on board and go out in the dunes they better bring a spare belt cause there gonna blow up.

dkiewicz

Space Cadet - UTVUnderground's La Familia
Nov 28, 2009
Hesperia Ca
I remember when the CVT's came out on the SCORE/MORE desert buggies with the Eco Tech Chevy's they had a similar problem. What did they do to correct it? Anyone know?:confused:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felipebenjamin000